279 replies to this topic

#261 TBT!

TBT!

"And don't insult the Smurfs."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

GroundHog, you did a great job and it seems things went pretty smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to set this up.

Also, well done to all those who took part, this sort of thing wouldn't work if all of you hadn't gone above and beyond with some of the gifts and got your stuff out without drama.

Well done everyone!

T.

To be fair, Peter Dinklage is much bigger than a raccoon.

#262 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Great job, Granny!

I really enjoyed it - and I'm still looking forward to get my gift. No worries, Sweet Santa O' Mine, a belated present is still an awesome one!

And I really liked the international thing, putting all participating members in one hat. Thing is, it's about giving (and receiving, I know, I know...) and I don't mind to send some stuff and pay a little more for shipping. This way, we are all in one boat and not seperated by regions. Or oceans that is. (After all, I do know more oversea-versers than I do know European ones. Don't even mention continental Europe. That's Aapje and me, right? blush.gif )

So, all in all one of the best Secret Santa thingies I've ever participated in. (And I'm saying this without gotten my package yet.)

Go Granny!

#263 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

nuttier than squirrel poop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

If I end up doing it next year (or suggesting for anyone that replaces me) I will probably give the option to be in one of two matchings-one for no international at all and one for everyone else. I probably wasn't as clear in the directions about shipping outside of your country, but think that can easily be explained differently next year.

Posted Image

#264 boyd

boyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

I thought this went great this year, thanks to all your planning and assistance. You should give yourself a big pat on the back.

Some suggestions:

I do think that dividing it into an international / domestic group is a good idea. Also, maybe starting a little sooner this year, like getting the names before Thanksgiving. And everyone should get a pony.

Boyd's Minimate Customs - The custom Minimate site that's collecting dust.

#265 blacksun1520

blacksun1520

Questin'...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Secret Santa is so much fun, and I think you did an awesome job running it this time around GH thumbsup.gif I'm looking forward to this years festivities already.

BS
"Oh take me down to a minimate city where the packs are fresh and variants are plenty... oh won't you please take me home!!"

Posted Image

#266 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,835 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

I think you also did a swell job, Super Smashed-Up Piggy. buttrock.gif

Not sure about the international thing. I kind of agree with Bob, in that it seems like a real single community that you are interacting with. But on the other hand, it is much easier for folks in the U.S. to print out postage and stick a padded envelope in your mailbox. So from a laziness standpoint, I like that idea. But whatever the case, giving folks some extra time seems like a good thing, since postal services are usually at their slowest at this time of year.

#267 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

I think the timing issue can be blamed on not knowing if this was being done this year. The prior years was able to start quicker than this one and I'm sure 2011 will start sooner. I'm thinking next week.

Posted Image

#268 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,835 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

No, I'm pretty sure you are to blame for the timing issue. Scapehog.

#269 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Old Aged Muted Ninja Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (groundhog7s @ Jan 19 2011, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.............I think the timing issue can be blamed

I'd agree that the timing issue was unforeseen.....let's face it... Secret Santa.....Christmas .....who would have guessed??? rolleyes.gif

"........turtle sheller  .....!

#270 Nessex

Nessex

Aaaaand Kang beat Toad. Crushed :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

G-Hog, i think you did a bang-up job.
I REALLY liked the international thing. I'm always happy to ship overseas, otherwise, i'd have the same person every year for SS (I think there's only a couple of us in Aus). Sure - the shipping rates suck, but i don't mind spending the money to be a part of the MMMV and bringing someone some x-mas chher (not to mention getting some in return tongue.gif).
Thanks for organising this years festivities. It was jolly good fun thumbsup.gif

EDIT: I meant x-mas cheer, not x-mas chher. . . x-mas cher would be something truly disturbing!

Edited by Nessex, 19 January 2011 - 05:44 PM.

Current Top 10 Wish List: Spiral; GSXM Sunfire; GSXM Banshee; Pyro; 616 Blob; Stryfe; Toad; Forge; Destiny; & Deathbird . . . & GIDEON!!!
MMMV-CW-Gideon.jpg
Haves/Wants UPDATED August 7th, 2014 (REALLY want a White Funko Pop Phoenix)

#271 jcastick

jcastick

Digital Artist / Minimate Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (groundhog7s @ Jan 19 2011, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jcastick @ Jan 18 2011, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mattillica you not so directly say?

Wow, that makes me feel a bit like Yoda when you put it that way.

Was only meant with the best of intentions smile.gif

I'd really like to thank Mattillica (finally) for the wonderful gift, Thanks man!!!

And I think you did a great job working this thing out, everything seemed to go on without a hitch!

#272 eclipse

eclipse

Mini-Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

yes you did very orginized -supurb job

#273 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (eclipse @ Jan 20 2011, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes you did very orginized -supurb job

Thank goodness the dictionary & ferret arrived safely.

#274 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Echoing others, this was a well organized event and I appreciate the efforts involved to make it so.

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#275 homestar17

homestar17

I can't think of a cool one right now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Bro, you did great! thumbsup.gif

I agree with Bob & some of the others -- I like everything to be a mixed bag, international & domestic all together. Maybe give people the option when you (or whomever does it in the future) put up the info to be filled out, like if they want to stay local or not. That way, everybody's happy!

It's all about the 'fro, baby!

Check out my haves/wants -- updated Aug 15

#276 Robbie

Robbie

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Everything was well done and I really enjoyed taking part. Thanks for doing a great job Groundhog!

#277 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'll echo every-one's statements! Great job, Mr. Hog! Now get your @$$ back to the forums, you've been noticeably quiet lately... blink.gif

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

#278 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Groundhog is currently very busy packing large brown cartons for the needy people in the UK. tongue.gif

#279 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Um, actually Groundhog was busy with packing...up his nose. I had sinus surgery that was supposed to correct a messed up sinus surgery from a few years back and there ended up being complications this time (complications=lots of bone being chiseled away inside my nose). And having packing and splints up my nose for a couple weeks really took more out of me than I expected. Anyways...

If no one minds, I'll organize Secret Santa again this year. I've learned a few things and it should go smoother this time around. Expect an announcement around the beginning of November and there will be two groups-one for anywhere in the world and one for US only. Thanks for all the feedback and I'm glad things went well this time.

Edited by groundhog7s, 04 February 2011 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#280 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Welcome back GH, hope recovery goes well, that sounds like a painful surgery.

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users