UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Cylon Minimate Packaging Revealed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look awesome...

Welcome aboard AsylumDude, it's good to see you posting here, dont be a stranger.

AsylumDude/DSTMatt Can you confirm when they will be released?

Originally we were told Febuary ( I'm starting to wonder if the minimate callendar has any other month? :P ) but a recent DST newletter it said 'this month', should we take that with a pinch of salt?

T.

Oh, God...Thank you, Lord!! These are pure sweetness. I can't wait to buy these...:D :D :D :D

I think I'll just use every cent I own to get as many modern cases as I can. Speaking of which, what do you guys prefer, Modern or Classic? I know a lot of us are buying both, but which do you like more? Seeing as how I've never even seen the classic series so they have no significance to me, I vote Modern.

Seeing as I've never seen either series at all, and am hence totally unbiased; I'll take the question as thus: If I had to choose one, which would it be? Classic. They fit in more with the Minimate Style. When are these coming out, anyway?

Seeing as I've never seen either series at all, and am hence totally unbiased; I'll take the question as thus: If I had to choose one, which would it be? Classic. They fit in more with the Minimate Style. When are these coming out, anyway?

Man, you've GOT to watch it!

Oh, God...Thank you, Lord!! These are pure sweetness. I can't wait to buy these...:D :D :D :D

I think I'll just use every cent I own to get as many modern cases as I can. Speaking of which, what do you guys prefer, Modern or Classic? I know a lot of us are buying both, but which do you like more? Seeing as how I've never even seen the classic series so they have no significance to me, I vote Modern.

These are both freak'n awesome! The simply-stated boxes are an elegant frame for these lil' beauties(nice work AA/DST!). As far as a preference? The classic series will always have a special place in my heart and translates much better into MM form IMHO(campy and light-hearted), however, I absolutely LOVE the new series and think that it lends itself better to "army-building" than it's predecessor. You never really saw more than 5-6 Cylons together in the classic series, but in the new one...legions upon LEGIONS. I would have been content with what I received from multiple classic Raider and 2-pack sets, but I HAD to ensure that I get a Gold Commander! I suppose that I could have simply bought a single "Goldie" somewhere, but alas, I'm an idiot...so I bought a case of Classic. I also bought one case of Modern, but I'm kind of wishing now that I had bought two; you simply can't have enough of these Centurians(suppose I can "bulk-up" when the Raider sets hit)! So in a nut-shell: "no preference, but certainly more reason for Modern 'army-builders' than Classic".

Classic all the way baby! :P

There's just something the old series that I love and I agree with cdubya that the classic cylons translate better into minimates when compared to the modern. The classic series will be more popular because it's classic and the Chrome, Stealth, Goldie chases out do the modern assortment. I'll really have to see both at the same time.

If you didn't watch the classic series then it really wouldn't matter as much. Plus I think the Modern Cylons are more detailed imo.

Mind you I'm only speaking about the cylons and not the humans.

I have several cases on order with an extra Classic Case for a friend who doesn't see the modern series.

Hey all I want are my babies. :P

BTW has anyone noticed the names on the back of the packages seem to be different?

I really like that packaging and it has me salivating over getting a case of those bad boys.

Hey Danny, no offence meant, but maybe you could pop this in as news on MMC? It hasn't updated in a while. Again, not trying to offend, as I bet I've read your reviews more than anyone else here. :D

^^^Oh, yeah, Deadpool? I used to (and still do) go to his site, every day, for HOURS. I bet it's an even tie between us two. ;)

But, yeah Danny, same here as Deadpool. :)

Ya know, I was going to say Alpheon may go just as much as me... Heh, ok, us two read it the most. As a side effect, I know almost everything, like there were four Silver Surfers, the one with 2099 was on a dark green base instead of grey likie the other three, and the one with Thanos is the only to have C3 feet, and I believe the only with the <> torso peg, but I may be wrong there.

Mother of...$119.24 for 24 Minimates! No offense Xybot, really, but CRIKEY! That's a LOT of money... <_< $10 per Minimate...that price, by the way, includes shipping. Maybe I should just go blow my money on a Silver Spidey. I know we all love stuckakid, but does anyone think I should just wait and see if I can get these at my LCS? Basically, do you think I should buy these? :(

Mother of...$119.24 for 24 Minimates! No offense Xybot, really, but CRIKEY! That's a LOT of money... <_< $10 per Minimate...that price, by the way, includes shipping. Maybe I should just go blow my money on a Silver Spidey. I know we all love stuckakid, but does anyone think I should just wait and see if I can get these at my LCS? Basically, do you think I should buy these? :(

That's only $5 a minimate. Which isn't TOO bad. If I were you, I'd just buy a case of Cylons as there are only 500 cases of each.

^^^Oh, yeah, Deadpool? I used to (and still do) go to his site, every day, for HOURS. I bet it's an even tie between us two. ;)

But, yeah Danny, same here as Deadpool. :)

Ya know, I was going to say Alpheon may go just as much as me... Heh, ok, us two read it the most. As a side effect, I know almost everything, like there were four Silver Surfers, the one with 2099 was on a dark green base instead of grey likie the other three, and the one with Thanos is the only to have C3 feet, and I believe the only with the <> torso peg, but I may be wrong there.

*edit* Yeah, the one with Thanos is the only one.

I knew all that stuff too, except the 2099 base thing. I don't own that two pack. Argh. :angry:;)

That's only $5 a minimate. Which isn't TOO bad. If I were you, I'd just buy a case of Cylons as there are only 500 cases of each.

Oh! Yeah, you're absoulutely right. Although in any case (no pun intended)...$120 is a lot of money, I guess I was a little put off buy that. This is all depending too on the slim chance that my parents will let me buy from the internet this ONE time...