UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Repainting Minimates After Paint Loss

I have a question for anyone who has Minimates that have paint coming off. Do you repaint them? I ask because I have a MODOK MvC3 Minimate where the top left part of his face came off, possibly because of water I used to wash (but didn't use a dry cloth to wipe with).

post-6399-0-44763900-1412211079_thumb.jp

Very top left as you see the flesh color is gone. Is it worth it to get a replacement/repaint?

I have a question for anyone who has Minimates that have paint coming off. Do you repaint them? I ask because I have a MODOK MvC3 Minimate where the top left part of his face came off, possibly because of water I used to wash (but didn't use a dry cloth to wipe with).

attachicon.gifIMG_6960.JPG

Very top left as you see the flesh color is gone. Is it worth it to get a replacement/repaint?

Welcome to the MMMV, sorry to hear about your issue. I can't see any of the issues from the picture you posted, but generally paint doesn't come off unless some kind of chemical is applied to the Minimate. Soaking Minimates parts in soapy water prior to painting them is common place and rarely results in missing paint.

This has happened many times to me

Kostis, it has been said by many before, but what do you do to your Minimates?!?!?! wink.png

Well, space is limited so I keep most of my collection in big boxes. So when I'm looking for a certain fig I go through them all and I imagine they hit on one another, which would be probably be the main cause. Thing is though, that most of the mates with the paint rubbed off, don't even make it to the box!

I take them off the package and while I'm playing with them I notice the chipped off parts. For example, I got the AoU Fury out of the box and everything was fine and dandy. I grab him to assemble my Secret Avengers (when I write I like having the team I'm writing about in front of me) and what would you think, his mouth is gone.

Sometimes I am able to fix it but others I have to rebuy the fig. I think it's more to do with my luck than anything else. I bought 3 Onslaught figs, all three had bad arm sockets and the arms fell off. My AoA Sabertooth had two right arms and legs. My Fixit had two right feet, and the list goes on. I'm just really unlucky when it comes to it. Hell, my HT Spider-Man had a broken leg mold!

Edited by Kostisfire

attachicon.gifIMG_6960.JPG

Welcome to the MMMV, sorry to hear about your issue. I can't see any of the issues from the picture you posted, but generally paint doesn't come off unless some kind of chemical is applied to the Minimate. Soaking Minimates parts in soapy water prior to painting them is common place and rarely results in missing paint.

Thank you for the greeting! I just labeled the part with no paint with a red circle, so you can see it. Compare that to the normal flesh color.

So a chemical might have taken the paint off? I think I washed with regular water. I hear that rust can cause MiniMate paint to come off.

post-6399-0-72378300-1412258387_thumb.jp