UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG minimates are on Clearance at TRU

At different TRUs in central New Jersey, I have seen the price as low as $3.53 per pack at only 1 store, and $4.98 at 3 other stores.

Anyone know why there is a price difference? Not that I'll ever come as close to the glory days of $2.50/pack for Street fighter 'mates at "Five below" from a few years ago, but a man can dream, can't he?

Finally found a Cavil pack - need that hat (used one to make a Grey Ghost custom from BTAS)! These Cavil sets have been pretty rare even on eBay.

Depending on when you priced the sets, TRU had an additional 25% off clearance that expired last week. If I recall, the $3.53 pricepoint was the clearance + discount price. The $4.98 is the current discount price

Thanks, you saved me an extra trip (the one where I got them for $3.53 is the furthest away.

Any chance that the extra discount is coming back? $4.98 is good, but not as good as $3.53.

Anyone know if any T2 mates are even left at TRU in NJ? Anywhere?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At different TRUs in central New Jersey, I have seen the price as low as $3.53 per pack at only 1 store, and $4.98 at 3 other stores.

Anyone know why there is a price difference? Not that I'll ever come as close to the glory days of $2.50/pack for Street fighter 'mates at "Five below" from a few years ago, but a man can dream, can't he?

Finally found a Cavil pack - need that hat (used one to make a Grey Ghost custom from BTAS)! These Cavil sets have been pretty rare even on eBay.

Depending on when you priced the sets, TRU had an additional 25% off clearance that expired last week. If I recall, the $3.53 pricepoint was the clearance + discount price. The $4.98 is the current discount price

Thanks, you saved me an extra trip (the one where I got them for $3.53 is the furthest away.

Any chance that the extra discount is coming back? $4.98 is good, but not as good as $3.53.

Anyone know if any T2 mates are even left at TRU in NJ? Anywhere?

I'd be surprised if that came back very soon - it ran for quite a while by TRU standards (longer than 2 weeks).

The minifliers are on the website for the clearance + discount price, but I don't see the BSG mates themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The extra 25% off clearance items is going on again!

The TRU BSG mates are $3.73 and the Flyers are right around $8.00.

I'm in need of a Doral set and a Cavil set if anyone can help. I'm also trying to track down any stray T2 SWAT sets if available, even at full price. I found one today, so they are still floating around out there...

Please PM if you can help! :thumbsup:

So I hit 8 different TRU's this weekend (lots of driving) looking for these, and I found some. These are definitely not as available as they once were, particularly Series 1.

Thanks to the members that have helped me track these down! :thumbsup:

On the plus side though, I found a TRU in Toledo, OH that had 7 Terminator T-800/SWAT sets! I snagged them all, even though they were still full price!

Of the 8 TRU's I went to, only 2 of them had any T2 'mates. These are definitely disappearing from shelves. Buy them up if you see them.

I caved and picked up the 2 sets I needed through a seller on amazon. Figured I picked up all the other sets for dirt cheap I can justify spending a little bit more for the 2 I need. None of the stores around here had them and the doral and cavil sets don't really show up on ebay much.

I haven't seen any of the TRU T2 sets since last year.

• 2 weeks later...

:P Thanks for the notice on the sale.

I have been to 3 TRUs in central NJ, and the selection is limited, but I have found some Ellen/Simon packs and a Tory/Anders pack. No Cylons to be found.

I have not seen T2 'mates at TRU for a long time (more than 1 year?).

I hope to try some more TRUs this weekend within 45 minutes from home (I'll try to fit in some FiveBelows to look for SF 'mates as well).

If I have to live in the most densely populated state, I might as well make the most of it. :P

Yes, you did.

See this posting by Shamrock (1st post in thread).

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...mp;#entry170784

$2.50 a pack!

Take that, e-Bay price gougers!

• 2 months later...

I found that the Leoben / Starbuck 2-pack shows up in the system for $2.48, while the remaining BSG packs are still $4.98.

It was this price at 2 different TRUs in central NJ.

Anyone else see this?

• 3 months later...
:) I'm most interested in obtaining the figures that come with the vehicles,I am not too bothered about the vehicles themselves. I have yet to see any of the figures from the BSG Raider/Cylon packs sold/traded loose so I am prepared to buy/trade them with the ships if really necessary. The 2 waves of figures I'd like mint. :thumbsup: