UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minis from SDCC

Lurch77

They did clean up Daredevil a little bit. He doesn't look like he put his face in a bucket of paint.

That is a new facial expression for Spider-Woman!

Comparison.JPG

Still, kind of disappointing looking at these same figures that they showed us so long ago. A wave filled with missed opportunities. No bulked up chest or boots for Colossus (they could have used one of the Thing chests or just given him the same piece they used in the Giant Sized set; at least this one goes better with puny Hulk, puny Juggernaut, and puny Thing), no mask or boots for Wolverine, no jacket for Days of Futures Past Wolverine, wrong choice in belts for Nick Fury (why give him Blade's belt, which has a hole for an attached accessory, when you aren't going to give Fury an accessory?), a painted on skull cap for Cage, the list goes on and on. I realize these are prototypes, but I doubt seriously that we'll see paint detail spread beyond just the front of the figure (belts on Sentry, Colossus, Wolverine, etc. Cap's red and white stripes don't even go all the way around the figure) And accessories! No guns for Nick Fury? No anything for Ronin? Green Arrow gets a bow and no fewer than three trick arrows to play with, and Ronin doesn't even get two sticks to rub together. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get the figures (whenever they come out) but I'm still a bit disappointed that I won't have anything more than what I could have produced with the current host of parts and a little paint.

I'm still hoping they release that New Avengers and Marvel knights pack somewhere down the line. I wouldn't mind getting more mini-weapons from Blade/Punisher and I like the new Ghost Rider because he's much darker than the old one. That Daredevil reminds me of the Miller/Janson inking from my favorite comics. I also could use a Spider-Woman to add to my collection.

Not Marvel Realated but in the 11th pic on the first page, in the bottom right corner, it looks like a 10 pack of SF2 Minis!

i like the new lines. i can't wait to get my hands on those new x-men minimates.

did anyone see any x3 mates they have designs for the ghost rider movie.

BTW Folks Offical DST rumors ( yes that's a contradiction but what isnt these days) says that We're lookig at Sept for the release of 12&13!

T.

Well if the release date is in Sept, how come the tags next to them at one of the cons said release date July '06--was it changed perhaps?

B) :deathstroke:

BTW Folks Offical DST rumors ( yes that's a contradiction but what isnt these days) says that We're lookig at Sept for the release of 12&13!

T.

Well if the release date is in Sept, how come the tags next to them at one of the cons said release date July '06--was it changed perhaps?

Yes.

Things change.

Um, cant think of any better way to reply to that.

The more time goes on, the more I think DST is going to desperatly need to hit one out of the park with waves 14 and 15. It's been stated before, but can't be repeated enough. DC Direct has created a product that basically shatters everything DST has been telling us about what should and shouldn't go into a Minimates wave.

Secondary Characters? Blue Beetle, Ares, Star Sapphire, etc, all in those first three waves.

Villains? 10 villains out of 24 minis is a decent ratio if you ask me, much better than anything DST has done.

Need for Varients? I just see one varient each for DC's two biggest names.

So now DC gives us this wonderful, varied product with different shaped heads, lots of new pieces and multiple new characters that are genuine surprises (or were at the time), while DST gives us only 5 actually new characters, tons of repeats and nothing but reused parts. It's depressing.

The more time goes on, the more I think DST is going to desperatly need to hit one out of the park with waves 14 and 15. It's been stated before, but can't be repeated enough. DC Direct has created a product that basically shatters everything DST has been telling us about what should and shouldn't go into a Minimates wave.

Secondary Characters? Blue Beetle, Ares, Star Sapphire, etc, all in those first three waves.

Villains? 10 villains out of 24 minis is a decent ratio if you ask me, much better than anything DST has done.

Need for Varients? I just see one varient each for DC's two biggest names.

So now DC gives us this wonderful, varied product with different shaped heads, lots of new pieces and multiple new characters that are genuine surprises (or were at the time), while DST gives us only 5 actually new characters, tons of repeats and nothing but reused parts. It's depressing.

True that

Not Marvel Realated but in the 11th pic on the first page, in the bottom right corner, it looks like a 10 pack of SF2 Minis!

I'd say a 4 or 8 pack

No, I think he's right. it looks like a 10 pack to me.

Yes, Marvel has been sucking. They need to pull out all the stops this next time. The ONLY thing I don't like about the DC minis is the 2.5"ers. Minimates should be 2" IMHO. period. *shrug*