UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A fellow minimates collector has appeared!

Hello all,

I've been collecting minimates for some time, mostly Marvel ones back when Target and a local comic store carried them, but then for a while I stopped. I recently unearthed my box of Minimates though and it has re-lit the fire to collect these again within me, especially now with DC minimates added to the mix.

I collect Marvel, DC, and Star Trek minimates now.

I'm on a crusade to get my hands on the C3 minimate Batgirl and Martian Manhunter.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

Welcome to the boards! Perhaps you would know who would win in a fight: Santa Claus or The Martians?

Welcome. I just joined earlier in the month, but this has fast become my favorite toy-related forum. Hopefully you will agree. . .regarding the MST3K references, I just saw Film Crew: Killers from Space last night, and their constant ribbing on Peter Graves and his Biography connection was beyond awesome.

Hello! As a major fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, I salute your choice of name. As addictive as minimates are, it's nearly impossible to stop collecting them-I tried after finishing my LOTR collection, but my efforts were in vain. Good luck with the Martian Manhunter minimate-I've been trying to get it for months and unless you have about $80 for the whole C3 set it seems to be impossible. Welcome to the forum.

P.S. As a humanities person, my favorite MST3K episode is definitely the one where they do Hamlet.

[Hamlet finishes his famous "To be or not to be" soliloquy.]

Mike [as Hamlet]: So I'm a chicken for not stabbing myself — that's all you needed to say!

Pure genius.

Welcome to the boards! Perhaps you would know who would win in a fight: Santa Claus or The Martians?

Sanata Claus would SO kick Martian butt with his sleigh of doom. :lol:

Welcome. I just joined earlier in the month, but this has fast become my favorite toy-related forum. Hopefully you will agree. . .regarding the MST3K references, I just saw Film Crew: Killers from Space last night, and their constant ribbing on Peter Graves and his Biography connection was beyond awesome.

I have all four of those as well as a number of the MST3K DVD boxsets. Love em! I so wish they still had the show on.

Hello! As a major fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, I salute your choice of name. As addictive as minimates are, it's nearly impossible to stop collecting them-I tried after finishing my LOTR collection, but my efforts were in vain. Good luck with the Martian Manhunter minimate-I've been trying to get it for months and unless you have about $80 for the whole C3 set it seems to be impossible. Welcome to the forum.

P.S. As a humanities person, my favorite MST3K episode is definitely the one where they do Hamlet.

[Hamlet finishes his famous "To be or not to be" soliloquy.]

Mike [as Hamlet]: So I'm a chicken for not stabbing myself — that's all you needed to say!

Pure genius.

Yeah, I see how difficult Martian Manhunter is to get a hold of...so hopefully like the Flash and Nightwing, the DC Direct minimates line will get him put in for fans. I SO want my core 7 Justice League members.

MST3K is still one of my favorite shows and I try to get anything to do with them lately. The Film Crew DVDs they've done as well as the four espisode DVD sets they release every once in a while. Which reminds me... MST3K vol. 12 comes out Tuesday, and I'm so buying that. :biggrin:

Hamelt was also a good episode that is on one of the DVD sets... Now if they'd just put Pumaman and The Final Sacrifice on a DVD set I would be so happy.

Or MST3K minimates are created. :lol:

Welcome aboard MST3Kfan. Check out the flea market and want/have list for the C3 Batgirl. Good luck finding MM though, we're fairly certain there'll be a DCD version at some point.

Thanks for the tip on the Flea Market, I almost got another mate I was looking for already...Nightcrawler. If they don't make a MM for the DC minimates, that would be a big mistake, and I'm glad I waited on the Flash since we get him next year.

Hey MST3Kfan

Potatoes are what we eat!

Old woman: "There's only one thing a man like that

wants."

Crow T. Robot: "Sour Cream with Chives!"

LOL Hilarious scene that was there from Deathstalker on MST3K. Good times, good times. ^_^

Welcome!

Can I ask what MST3K is?

Hey MST3Kfan

Potatoes are what we eat!

Old woman: "There's only one thing a man like that

wants."

Crow T. Robot: "Sour Cream with Chives!"

LOL Hilarious scene that was there from Deathstalker on MST3K. Good times, good times. ^_^

Indeed. Its even great watching him in Killer Klowns from Outer Space and MSTing him there. Whats your favorite episode, I can't decide, but Zombie Nightmare (hey, case is closed), Space Mutiny, Prince of Space and Merlin are smong the best.

Indeed. Its even great watching him in Killer Klowns from Outer Space and MSTing him there. Whats your favorite episode, I can't decide, but Zombie Nightmare (hey, case is closed), Space Mutiny, Prince of Space and Merlin are smong the best.

Hmm. I do like Space Mutiny and Prince of Space, but my top three would be The Final Sacrifice, Hercules Against the Moon Men, and Pumaman

Heh. Now if they would only put Pumaman on one of the DVD collections... I just picked up vol. 12 yesterday (they put it out a day early...shame, shame ^_^ ) They have Parts: The Clonus Horror on the new collection though and it's still a classic Sci-Fi channel episode that rules.