UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DEFENDERS!!!!!

Dude

This is why I ordered two sets - then shipping is only $6 per set, which somehow makes me feel better. Remember kids, if the truth hurts, try lying to yourself!

Agreed. Somehow I can justify 21 dollars per set, getting two. :P But I would be having to be missing my EYE ;) to pay $27 for one! Do I NEED two? Well, it IS an exclusive... :whistling:

Yeah, the shipping prices suck in general. I ordered 2 packs of the SM3 'mates just so I didn't feel like I was getting hosed quite so badly on shipping. I did the same with the Defenders set this morning. Worse part is, I know the actual shipping cost is a lot less than what they're charging... the rest is for "handling".

Still, in cases like the BSG 'mates, ordering from AFX with shipping still ends up being cheaper than picking them up at FYE for $10 a pack. None of the LCSs in town carry them, so it's internet or FYE. Plus, AFX is sending the variant.

Would I like to spend my money elsewhere? Sure. My family is addicted to Webkinz (plush crack). But I'm okay paying (a little) more to get the 'mates I want and have then delivered to my doorstep.

shipping to the UK was $32 but since i was ordering 3 sets for me and some of us UK based minimate fans it works out @ about £15.50 a set which if you compare it to the fact the previews exclusive spider-man was £15 pound i think thats not a bad price

Yay ordered mine! I actually like ordering my MiniMates online better than buying them in the stores. The only problem is if you can't really just buy the 3 2-packs that come with each wave and the 1 2-pack that has a repeat and a variant. That's the only reason to go into the store.

Seems like most on-line stores, though, have been offering the "deluxe set", if you pre-order. Some are pretty pricey, but AFX appears reasonable with the Series 2 BSG and Trek.

I also canceled my first AFX order, then reordered with all the sets marked for November: Rocky & Adrian pair, Rocky 2 box, and Star Trek series 2 w/ variant. Shipping went from $9 for one pack to $10 for all four sets, which makes the shipping charge MUCH easier to swallow!

Yeha i canceled my order from AFX and went with BBTS.

I was just wondering about doing that... Would cancelling my order with AFX make any difference as far as tracking sales (i.e., the "success" of the exclusive) goes? I assume that if BBTS is buying from AFX, product is still getting sold, right? Does AFX care who's buying it?

Cancelling orders with other retailers and going with BBTS certainly sends a powerful message about shipping costs and how appealing their Pile of Loot system is for consumers.

That's going to be interesting... these are an AFX EXCLUSIVE, which means that only AFX Should be selling them ( in fact even the DST store sends you to AFX to buy these).

If BBTS has them up for order then it means that they are banking on AFX selling to them or they will have them much later when the initial rush to buy dies down and AFX try to unload what's left on other retailers hoping to sell out.

My guess is the BBTS orders will be fulfilled MUCH later than the ones at AFX.

Also although the shipping at AFX is painful they have been very good to minimate collectors in the past with getting things like this set made, (Without them taking it on it wouldn't have happened or any future box sets they my be planning) so I'd be tempted to keep my pre-order with them even though I wont be saving a fairly small amount of shipping money by going elsewhere.

T.

Yes, AFX has excellent customer service.

Now, since this is an AFX exclusive, won't AFX see profit from sales, no matter what channel they go through? Isn't it up to AFX whether they list in Previews or what not? Mr PL, you are smart in the ways of the retailer, care to weigh in on exactly how the process works?