UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

minimates max galactus.

aplz86

attachicon.gifimage.jpg he's here and awesome! Any suggestions to keep him from commiting suicide?

Poster tack on the feet can work pretty well. There is also something called Museum Wax to hold delicate objects in place. Apparently it's pretty popular in areas prone to earthquakes.

http://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-66111-2-Ounce-Museum-Wax/dp/B000FJU29U

It wouldn't be the end of the world .

LOL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish line may also be an idea to hold him up. I don't know how top heavy he is, but it would seem he could still topple if he had only something on his feet.

I thought $75 retail initially was too damn high, which is why I didn't buy either off the shelf.

I eventually bought both the Sentinel and Galactus at summer cons for $40 a piece (this was when they were still fairly easy to come by, availability wise, and being liquidated at cons instead of being marked up) and I still thought that was too damn high, but knew I'd never do any better, so I bit the bullet and paid it.

These days I'm obviously extremely happy to have paid $40, and would even be happy had I paid $75 in hindsight, even though I was never nuts about the high retail prices on these guys during their initial period of release.

I know these aren't even terrible prices by statue standards, but as we all know, the only reason they're statues in the first place is legalities, and I (like many) was buying them more as a toy collector than a statue collector... and $75 for a single figure retail, from a toy collector perspective, is high. Especially 10 years ago.

But in hindsight yeah, I made out good.