UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Max Galactus arriving soon!

luke314pi

I'll try Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man and see what they've got. Meeting up is a nice idea. You're in York, right? I'll be based in Nottingham mostly while I'm back, but my girlfriend went to York St. Johns Uni, so a visit there might not be entirely out of the question. I'll let you know more once my plans have been solidified.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man and see what they've got. Meeting up is a nice idea. You're in York, right? I'll be based in Nottingham mostly while I'm back, but my girlfriend went to York St. Johns Uni, so a visit there might not be entirely out of the question. I'll let you know more once my plans have been solidified.

Yeah Im down in York. If you end up down here the beers are most definately on me!

As we discussed, the trouble with FPI is that their website is so shockingly bad at reflecting what actual stock they have.

I'll email them and find out if the website thinks they have any in.

Well I emailed FP a couple of days ago asking if because they had them in the shops that meant they had them available on the website... and no response. So they obviously don't want my money!

I don't want to order something that costs that much and then be "tied in" if I find one elsewhere - it's OK for a set of Minimates that cost £6, but different when it's a statue.

OK I did order one from FP and it's the Sentinel, which arrived today.

The office is divided as to whether they like it or not - some people think it's very expensive for such a small item, and I had to explain the problems around licensing etc.

As for me, well, the box makes you think it's gonna be a lot bigger, but I like it. It has a good heft to it and the detailing is spot on how I like my Sentinel represented.

A review will be going up on Minimates Central SOON, maybe even tonight if I can get a good set of pics together.

Good to hear we're going to get a review :)

BTW folks I forgot to mention that in one of the toy panels at SDCC chuck was sounding off about the resin thing and that he tried to do something 3 times and it bombed (2maxis and playset) so he's not doing it again, so def no spidey/wolverine.

T.

So is that a confirmation that the 2 maxis we have are the only two? I thought they had promo material for Spidey/Wolvie at SDCC or am I going mad.

And its not really a superise they bombed to be honest, the playset especially...

So is that a confirmation that the 2 maxis we have are the only two? I thought they had promo material for Spidey/Wolvie at SDCC or am I going mad.

And its not really a superise they bombed to be honest, the playset especially...

It's that I heard chcuk say " I tried 3 times and I'm done with that!"...

So it's unofficial but fairly solid! probably a good question for the new Q&A.

T.

Who'd have thought we would be denied a Spiderman OR a Wolverine?! To be honest I'm surprised they didn't sell those first. Seemed like such a lock. Actually, I was looking forward to getting a Spidey, because I was going to use him to make a mold to make my own articulated "Maximates"

Perhaps if they released Spidey or Wolverine first the line wouldn't have been a bust...

Only kidding.

In all honestly the only people buying them are minimate fans, and the cost/non-articulation much like C3 needing blocks before it allowed them to be made, but killed the majority of minimate fan's interest/willingness to buy. At least they made the choice for the characters that weren't already covered...

Agree totally with the review, the relative scale of sentinels has changed a lot over the years, I seem to recall them been about the size they are in relation to the mates at some point.

Amusingly my display also has Wolvie on the Sentinels head :D