UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Borderlands 2

I've been following the production of this game pretty much since it started, as the first one has been my favorite/most played Playstation 3 game for quite some time now (with Tekken 6 coming in a close second).

Is there anyone else as excited about this as I am? And how about the Psycho and Claptrap figures that just came out?

I am absolutely excited for this game. September can not get here fast enough. The first game is easily the single most played game for me of the correct console generation, and in second place for games of all time. I am crazy excited for it. But until it comes out in a month, I'm going to play Darksiders 2 when it drops this week.

Darksiders 2 looks sweet. Yeah I had all four of the characters almost maxed out on my old PS3, but once I heard about the bonus customization stuff you get for having a Borderlands 1 save file I started a new file with Lillith- I had forgotten how great her Phasewalk ability is! I'm currently trying to get three people together to start a party with me on Borderlands 2, but so far i've only convinced one friend haha.

Edited by Marquis de Carabas

Yep, I'm looking forward to this one, I played the heck out of the first one and this one is touted to be bigger/better/more - might be my only must buy at full price game this autumn!

I'm on 360, "thatbloketimbo" if anyone wants to party up when it comes out!

T.

I mainly play Xbox, but I do have it on my ps3. Of course, I've never played multiplayer anything on the ps3 because I never bothered to get a headset. I personally always loved the Hunter. Phase walk is probably the most useful ability though as I see it. I never was much good with the Berzerker, but with his insane HP and stuff, you don't always have to be good.

As for Borderlands 2, I'm absolutely using Zero first go around. He looks awesome. I am curious to see more of what the new Siren type Maya can do though. Should be an amazing game.

EDIT: Tim, I'm going to send you a friend request this very minute and will absolutely team up with you if you want. You'll know it's from me. My Gamertag is the same name I use for everything.thumbsup.gif

Edited by The Geohound

I personally always loved the Hunter. I never was much good with the Berzerker, but with his insane HP and stuff, you don't always have to be good.

As for Borderlands 2, I'm absolutely using Zero first go around. He looks awesome.

Mordecai & Bloodwing were always a close second for me, and I agree about the Berzerker. I can't even remember his proper name, haha. I also plan to play with Zer0 my first time through, he looks like he's gonna be ruttin' crazy.

Just accepted the friend request Geo!

Not sure who I'll play though as first time woulr probably be either Zero or the Soldier class, I will prob go soldier to give me an incentive to play as Zero second time around!

T.

Thanks Tim!thumbsup.gif

It does seem there's gonna be a lot of Zeros running around. I know two guys though who probably won't be using him until their final run though, partly just because I called dibs (heh heh) but mostly because they too think there will just be too many of him. Plus one of my friends loves the original Soldier class so much with that turret, that there's no way he won't be doing that right away.

And the Berzerker's name is Brick. Possibly because he kind of plays like one. Though his party shield boosting is pretty awesome. He's got uses, they all do, he just doesn't fit my kind of play style.

Also, I can't be the only one getting the Loot Chest Edition, can I? I'm hoping it's a really well made crate, like the legendary edition of Halo Reach, so I can use it to store my minimates in.tongue.gif

And the Berzerker's name is Brick.

Also, I can't be the only one getting the Loot Chest Edition, can I? I'm hoping it's a really well made crate, like the legendary edition of Halo Reach, so I can use it to store my minimates in.tongue.gif

Brick! That's right haha. I missed out on the pre-order for the Loot Chest version, but my friend who manages a gamestop is gonna try her best to snag me one anyways. I Really wanna get my hands on it

Dammit, i wanted a loot version too, but i was too late...

Did you know there are only 100 loot editions coming to Holland, ps3 and xbox combined? :confused:

And its just too bad, that they're going out on ebay for about 500 bucks, i think?

I loved borderlands 1, i'm still trying to get all the achievements for the ps3...Got all the normal ones, but the ones from the DLC's are a bugger <_<

Of all the achievements in Borderlands 1, I hated "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiinnsss" the most. Mainly because when you're doing the chain of achievements to get to that one, and you get brains from zombies over the requirement for the current task, THE COUNTER STOPS COUNTING THEM!! What kind of nonsense is that. First one get 10 brains. "No problem. Oh look extra brains. I'll just keep collecting them anyways." Hours later. "Why is this taking so long? I must have 1,000 brains by now!" the best part being at no point do they tell you the thing isn't counting them once you real the specific goal. It still bugs me to this day. I only ever did those missions once and never went back again because it made me so mad.

I was actually really surprised the Loot Chest was produced in such limited numbers, or that once they ran out of them to preorder in like three days they didn't just consider producing more and offering the preorder for them again. Clearly, people wanted it. Glad I jumped on that the second I saw it.

Yeah, borderlands has some flaws, like when the older missions ive already done activated again and i couldnt clear them or complete them :/

Mawiwomax(or something like that) is still the hardest to do for me, i havent killed him once <_<

Crawmerax? Yeah, he's a pain in the butt, but his kill able once you get a feel for him and know what way to fight him works best for you. I do it as a Hunter with four revolvers, each with a 4x elemental attribute of each element except explosive. The fourth revolver is non-elemental and extremely high damage. The elemental ones are for his little minions and the non-elemental one is for him. Then my shield is huge and regenerates really quickly and my class mod regenerates pistol ammo and gives me a huge boost to reload speed and rate of fire. Then I just run around and shoot at stuff until it's all dead. Also, if you can get one or more of his minions to fall off the edge of a cliff and then kill the ones still up there, he can't spawn anymore. All the minions have to die before he can spawn new ones.

This is all based on my experience on Xbox 360. Dunno if the spawning thing happens on the ps3. I fought him once with a friend on there, but I was level 17 at the time and just went along to get loot and XP. Never actually fought anything.rolleyes.gif

That older missions coming back up thing happens to me too, but it doesn't affect anything. They still count as being completed. It's just some weird bug.

Edited by The Geohound

I preordered from GameStop. They have the best preorder bonuses, at least that I've seen. When you preorder from GameStop you get access to a special gun pack, an extra creature dome ( the way it was described it sounds similar to Mad Moxxie's dome ), and I think you'll get the Mechromancer character for free when she is available.

I preordered mine from Amazon lengthy periods of time ago. And have been sitting and waiting since. It's only a month away now, and while Darksiders 2 is pretty awesome, I don't think it'll last that long. I'm really looking forward to this game. Hopefully I can actually get the time to play it when it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

So, we're a week away from release here now (in the U.S. anyways. I don't know the release in other countries) and I'm all kinds of excited now. This should be a great time. Who else is going crazy waiting now?

Also, you probably won't see much of me around here after next Tuesday.biggrin.gif

I am filled with anticipation. Got it paid for, just have to go swoop it up first thing Tuesday morning. I requested Tuesday and Wednesday off as well, so I could spend some quality time with my new crack. hahaha