34 members have voted

1. 1. pick one that you think is the best place to get a minimate

• i get mine at toys r us
    • i get mine some where else
    • i get mine off of amazon
    • i get mine off of ebay
    • i get mine at walmart
    • i get mine some where else off the internert

hey there at the moment i am going minimate crazy i am starting up my collection and well most of the stores i have

been going to don't have them or just have 1 and are overstocked with them and they just sit there so i have to shop off the internet i worry sometimes about some websites not being realiable so i only buy from amazon there prices are okay but i need an easier way so please say where you shop and why to help everyone

if u pick i shop some where else please say where

you might want to add:

LCS (local comicbook store) (this is where I get mine)

Minimate multiverse

some where else ON the internet. you off the internet but not on, these would be great sites like afx, stukakid, cornerstonecomics and other online retailers that advertise on this site

beside that this is a great poll. I have always wondered where everyone else gets their mates, but never thought to ask, great idea!

PS do they even still sell mates at Walmart?

you might want to add:

LCS (local comicbook store) (this is where I get mine)

Minimate multiverse

some where else ON the internet. you off the internet but not on, these would be great sites like afx, stukakid, cornerstonecomics and other online retailers that advertise on this site

beside that this is a great poll. I have always wondered where everyone else gets their mates, but never thought to ask, great idea!

PS do they even still sell mates at Walmart?

honestly i thought they did but lately i haven't seen them

thanks for the comment i will add local comic book store

Yeah you need all of the above added to the poll and omit Walmart because they haven't sold minimates in a long time.

I order from my LCS(Awesome People)

Occasionally I'll hit the other spots to get a hit if I need one.

• 2 weeks later...

LCS, definitely. Ever since Tower closed down, I haven't been Minimate hunting at a retail store in a long time. Doesn't help that TRU only has the same Speed Racer 'Mates, and I haven't seen a box of Minimates at Target in well over a year.

That's not to say I'm complaining; I never realized that SD had such a wide variety of LCS's in such a small vicinity. Between all of them, I get all the new Minimates I want and need, so I'm content.

You should stack some $ and visit the Con or Wizard World. You can find good deals there. As far as another great place is scanning the want / have list here in the Minimate Multiverse. You never know who might have items you want to buy or trade (hint, hint). Also, the LCS are great because if they are cool, they can order about anything you want.

WW4M

Cornerstore comics online is by far the best :biggrin: , you can get the set with variant included for reasonable prices. Big bad is good, AFX is ok.

I tried my local comic shops and one promised me everything, then when they came in marked them up 40% :angry: (they suck and I no longer go there), and another one won't order unless I buy the whole case :blink: and I can't afford that.

EBAY for me. My lcs guy charges through the nose for em he has to pay import and all that, im in Australia so even with shipping i can get a set for around 50 Au which im ok with when he's charging 75Au (which i do understand he does have a business to run)

Cornerstore comics online is by far the best :biggrin: , you can get the set with variant included for reasonable prices. Big bad is good, AFX is ok.

I tried my local comic shops and one promised me everything, then when they came in marked them up 40% :angry: (they suck and I no longer go there), and another one won't order unless I buy the whole case :blink: and I can't afford that.

Action Figure Freddy has a local retail store.... the guy that runs the place told me that BSG Wave 1 was coming and he was going to charge about $8.00 for each.

I went back several time and he never had them, then finally one time he had one of the White-Six variants.... in a battered pachage that looks like it was shoplifted in someone's pants.. he wanted $20.

So I passed (especially since I got it at Suncoast for $10)

I rarely go there anymore.... I found out they buy from AFX and mark there stuff up from there

• 3 months later...

I just ordered a 24 Series 2 set from Scifigenre.com.

Prices and selection on mates are pretty good and domestic shipping is reasonable. Total cost w/ shipping was less than $16.

I can't get that set anywhere else (even from DST w/ the Holiday15 code) for less than $19.

Lots of other action figures on sale too

Check 'em out