UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG - Fall 2006 ToyFair Pictures

Awesome, I think these are the most detailed mates. I totally gonna get a ton of extras. Love the updated looks. Adama looks much better now. We now have the xo colonel Tigh!!

Looks like these are going to be blicter card packaging which looks great!

Definitely my favorite upcomming line.

Edited.

Sorry guys, first complaints here-

:o

What did they do?! :(:(:(

Tigh and Tyrol are waaay off and I think Adama looks worse now. The desktop poster art was soooo perfect. I realize there were shadows and all, but the real things are just... *cries* I was so looking forward to these. Who is the one next to Six in red?

The only plus so far, though, is that new 'Six' with glasses. Is that the Shelley Godfrey variant?

Oh yeah, and the picture of Admiral Cain in the other thread is downright stunning! She'll be great!

Interesting thoughts Samwise...But lets not shoot this down before we even get them huh? :)

I kinda of agree with you over Tyrol, they made the face a bit to wide/chubby... I'm not sure if I want to admit this but it looks more like me than him :P

I actually think Tigh looks good and Adama is almost the same as before (if you look REALLY close he even has glasses still but much lighter) what makes it look odd is they've given him fairly light brown hair, when i'd say it should be much darker.

Trying to match different people with different face shapes to a cylindrical head isn't easy, any customiser will tell you that.

On the positive, Apollo looks much better and less of a drag queen and Roslyn is awesome. In general I have high hopes about this line and It looks like they are for te most part getting it right.

T.

Yeah, I know, I was a little hard on these guys. It's just that I am still on SUCH a high from last night's episode and would love some merchandise (preferably 6-7" figures) and was let down by these likenesses.

Basically, Tyrol and Tigh seem squished and Tigh could be more simpilfied and less angry like this:

tighedit2ci5.jpg

Adama seemed to have a better mouth and chin at Toyfair. Also, his eyes should have a slant up like in the promo art. (Reference)

adamaminikc8.jpg

-I am still working on Tyrol's and Adama's edits-

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about all of them. I really like the updated Apollo, Roslin, red Six and most definitely the Centurion. Lastly, I just can't seem to stop looking at that Gina mini. They did such a great job on her!

P.S.- Does anyone have the full high-res desktop image of the minis that the above Adama image is from? I managed to print the thing because it was so great, but I guess I forgot to save it. I have the print-out hanging right behind where the actual minis will go.

Sorry guys, first complaints here-

What did they do?! :(:(:(

Tigh and Tyrol are waaay off and I think Adama looks worse now. The desktop poster art was soooo perfect. I realize there were shadows and all, but the real things are just... *cries* I was so looking forward to these. Who is the one next to Six in red?

The only plus so far, though, is that new 'Six' with glasses. Is that the Shelley Godfrey variant?

Oh yeah, and the picture of Admiral Cain in the other thread is downright stunning! She'll be great!

The new six is Gina, the one that was abused aboard the Pegasus and started the peace with Cylons group among the fleet.

I really like what yo did with that Tigh... he is one where simpler is better.

Thanks, yeah I just thought he had way too many lines on his face making him look a little chunky. So, I just tweaked him to be more like the poster art using what I had.

Time to remove the squirrel from your avatar :)

[Tigh voice] The old man is no squirrel. [/Tigh voice] How dare you! :P

lol, I had thought about leaving it up a little while longer because I really started liking it. We'll see though.... ;)

Thank the gods! :D

Fujis and MMHQ came through with the desktop I was looking for! Thanks for the great site, man!

Glad you found what you were looking for Samwise, although if it was in the Gallery HQ's mastermind Jatta Pake might have uploaded it or SlipperyDuckie who oversees them.

"You do not have permission to view this category."

Grrrr.... Now I'm going on my memory from last night, but I just couldn't see the likeness in Tyrol. The others look great, though.

Samwise, I like your 'cleaning up' of Tigh, though I also like the original. Maybe yours could be a younger version that could be packed with a mustache-touting Adama - a flashback two-pack!