UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cobra Missing From Zoo

MiniFiend UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12902930

Just been reading about the Cobra AWOL from Bronx's Zoo. I can understand as this maybe scary for the ppl in the local area for me well out of the scare area it really makes me smile.

As a person up until only last month kept snakes. I can say they are at times the Houdini of the animal world and can get out of the smallest of gaps for the size of the animal, basicly if there is a way out of where they are kept they will find it.

I have had 1 snake disappear in my house for over 4 months (That was fun telling the neighbours, luckily it wasn't a big snake and they where cool about it when they realised it wouldn't eat their cats or dogs.)

I was just reading the same thing not five minutes ago & toyed with posting :) I kept slow-worms & lizards as a kid & was thrilled when I found them around parts of the farm when I moved here....there also adders :ermm: . I'm a bit wary of snakes but have no phobia about them although a cobra is a diffeent matter . I guess yours was a corn-snake 'Fiend ?

Mostly corns a few pythons and boa's at times, Emerald Tree Boa I remember as it was a lovely colour. we had 6 snakes which where ours and a fluctuating amount on one's we where given as ppl didn't want or couldn't keep them anymore which we used to rehome to other friends or breeders. At the most I think it was 14 snakes in the house. With them there also a six foot iguana and two cats, those numbers have dwindled over the years so nothing as exotic now.

The last 4 snakes I gave away to a friend who would look after them last month when the GF did one and she didn't want to take them and I couldn't get my head into it.

So now animal wise its a dog and a cat.