UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Multiverse Japan Relief Effort

I'd like to announce the Minimate Multiverse Japan Relief Effort!

With the horrible events occurring in Japan, I asked if it would be okay to host an eBay charity auction where members can donate any Minimate-related items that will then be auctioned with 100% of the proceeds going to the Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief fund.

Details of the eBay charity can be found here:

eBay Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief Fund

(So far, over $600,000 dollars have been raised for this fund.)

If you are interested in participating, here are the details:

- Any Minimate-related item is acceptable to donate, boxed items are preferred, but loose figures are acceptable too as long as they are complete and in good condition. All boxed items will be listed separately, but loose figures will be bundled together in one big lot.

- Customs are welcome, but not required (customs will be individually listed)

- Post in this thread if you want to participate and I will PM you with my shipping info.

- Please try to have all donations postmarked to me by April 11th.

- Donations are welcome from international members - please let me know if you need more time due to shipping times.

- I will create the eBay auctions on Saturday, April 23rd (provided all items have arrived by that date).

Luke has been kind enough to volunteer to create a logo for the auctions. :thumbsup:

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or needs any clarification.

Thank you for helping in any way that you can!

(and thanks to Shane, Luke, and the rest of the staff for supporting this effort and helping to make this possible) :highfive2:

Edited by youbastards

I will be donating something from my pre production bin. Not quite sure what yet, but it will hit me before the deadline to get it to you. Also, all of my auctions going forward is donating anywhere between 10% to 100% to the Japan Relief Fund. I'm listing cool Minimate stuff slowly but surely and a percentage of every sale goes to the Japan Relief Fund. It's what I can do to give as I have no real money. :) It's all toys and I'm surrounded by them. So they go to good homes that will love them and funds go to Japan and to get me moved to Europe. I blame my creativity, imagination, andobsession with Japanese toys two a childhood where any TV time was spent watching Starblazers (Yamato), Gundam, Robotech, Voltron, (both vehicle force and lion force) From the age of three I have loved Japanese Robots that people operate. And I still do to this day. Condensing my collection was something that needed to happen for my move to Europe this year. My eBay Store is the perfect way for me to quickly condense my collection and spread it out amongst everyone else who loves Minimates and toys as much as I do, and at the same time generate funds to help the people of Japan and get me moved. Thank you for all of the support. Lots of people from this board have been getting items from my store for years and it's greatly appreciated.

Minimates Collector Pack 1 Japan Relief Fund Auction

Minimates Collector Pack 1

Minimates Collector Pack 2 Japan Relief Fund Auction

Minimates Collector Pack 2

I have more of these collector 2 sets, but after 7 they won't have the AA Collector Mate or the 2.5 White clear Head in them. So people that get in early get extra stuff. There are a total of 6 more. 4 with Green bag AA Collector mate, and 2 with purple bag. All will have a random BSG Prototype Minimate, and a Marvel Minimates Final Production Sample. Oh, and a AA Collector Coin is also included.

Edited by SillyGooserTC

To anyone who might be concerned about sending your items to youbastards to list, I can vouch for his character 100%, and this effort has the full support of MMV staff. I will be sending him a special minimate item that I have been holding on to for a while. :)

TM2 Dinobot, Mattallica, Luke314pi, MsMarvel Fan - I have received all of your donations. Thank you! :highfive2:

If you are mulling over participating, there is still time to contribute, but the deadlines are fast approaching. Please post here or PM me if you would like to participate, or if you are waiting for me to get back to you with my shipping information.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I am just waiting on 1 or 2 more packages to arrive, and as long as I get them this week the auctions should go live on Saturday as planned, but I can bump it if needed.

The haul is impressive, and once I have received everything, I will post some pix of what we have gathered for the charity.

Thanks again, to everyone that has contributed! :thumbsup:

The Minimate Multiverse Japan Relief Effort charity auctions are now live! There are a couple of auctions that haven't been listed yet, as I am just waiting to hear back from the donor before listing them.

All auctions start at .99 cents, and shipping can be combined. Any shipping costs that are not used will be refunded.

Sorry international members, I have these listed as US only auctions, so if you see something you want maybe one of your US buddies is willing to help you out. :thumbsup:

I'm an international/British member looking to bid on a few of these. Can a willing US citizen please contact me so we can work something out :)