UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

VGA Reveals

Trekker 42

Well the VGAs were interesting this year mostly for the reveals. Sure you Mass Effect fans are satisfied with 3... But as for me and my house, we will be buying Skyrim!

Yeah The Elder Scrolls V... With dragons... In Skyrim... which is one of my favorite provinces... and finally closure on that Empire issue...

Why isn't it November 2011?

[sigh]

Yeah, first off the VGAs were not very good. Over the top hosting and presenters that looks like they were drug there at gunpoint. It's just got a long way to go. HOWEVER, Red Dead as Game of the Year? Yes Please!! That has been my choice all year long, Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood both deserve a lot of credit (RPG and Action GotY respectively), but Red Dead overall was by far my best experience this year. Good job with that one!!

As for the announcements, We all knew Mass Effect 3 was coming, we've known it was a trilogy for a long time. I was actually hoping for something different. We saw Mass Effect , then Dragon Age before Mass Effect 2. I was hoping for something new between the games. Something original and unexpected. Anything BioWare does is going to be fantastic, but I was hoping for something new. But, needless to say, I'll stand in line more for Mass Effect any day so it's a welcome announcement. And the Earth? Oh yeah!!

Also, the Uncharted and Batman stuff looks great, I can't wait for both of those games. But, the best announcement, in my opinion, was easily Skyrim. Oblivion was simply GREAT! It was the first game that I played on a Next-Gen console.....the first time I thought "Welcome to the Future"! They've only gotten better with Fallout and they get to revisit the Elder Scrolls. I know Fallout overall is a much better game than Oblivion, I still have a soft spot for Fantasy. There is just something more I love about close combat with swords and shields. Anyway, Fallout is great, but I'll be glad to get on horseback again and take to the open fields. And what game isn't better with DRAGONS?!?!?! I'm really looking forward to skyrim! neo

I'll admit, Arkham City is something I'm eagerly anticipating. Man my Christmas list for next year is pretty much already done... If they can pull of another bottle o lightning with Arkham City, we'll know we have something special in this developer: someone who can consistently get it right. After all, few to no developers can do that. Bethesda is close. Shigeru Myamoto, whenever he's personally involved. But not many others can pull that off.

I just found out it was revealed during the VGA's Kratos is going to be a guest character in the next Mortal Kombat.

Unlike with MKvDC this cross over actual makes sense since Kratos already brutally murders things, is newer then the MK cast so they can pretend to not know who he is without being assholes (seriously they didn't know THE FLASH?! although it would be awesome if they DID know Kratos and Raiden was a feared of him) and they could have a wacky sup-plot were he and Quan Chi get mistaken for each other...

and Unlike Soul Calibur 4 PSP Mortal Kombat is a game based around mindless mashing the controller until you get to rip out a spin, which suits Kratos better then a techincal counter system like SC (seriously, it was so crazy out of character when he FLIPS THE BLADE OF CHAOS around to bump his opponent with the hand for a quick hit, nice try Namco, but he'd just stab normally)

So yeah... I'll gladly buy the next Mortal Kombat now and I'm excited for the right to do so were as before I was just going to wait for it be a greatest hits, good job marketing!