UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bad month to be collecting toys

pickle

I just have to rant with my fellow collectors in a forum where I am considered more of an old school member. I am having a bad time with possible scams happening all at once.

First,

This has to do with Hisstank. member: Gaelinic

So I go on the Joe forum and find a guy selling the SDCC DCUC spores for a reasonable price and I contact him about purchasing them. After some back and forth messages I find sets cheaper on the e[vil]bay, but because I already told this guy I would buy them I decided to keep my word and purchase a set from him and one set from ebay. So I send the money and he tells me he is out of town and sends me his wife's paypal to pay and he will send when he gets home. After I send the money (Oct 27), that he asks to send as a gift to cover cost, no messages. I message him again and he says still out of town. I contacted him two days ago and he tells me he never got it, checked last week and thought I lost interest and then sends me the paypal email again to send the money. I then tell him all the info from when I sent the money the first time and 24 hours pass and no response. I then contact paypal to get some help and they resent the confirmation of payment to him and still no response.

WTF!!!!!!

Second,

This one has to do with TheFwoosh.

I am on there trading some Marvel Legends 2-packs for some older DCUC. One guy is awesome to trade with and is making me a great offer. He also sends messages in full proper sentences. The other guy who has interest in the other set simply sends messages in short half sentences. that should have been my first sign not to deal with him. Finally, we (the second guy and I) decide on a trade and off I go to send my package. Twice he contacts me to ask if I sent the package. The funny part is I already messaged him saying the package was shipped. I then ask if he sent his to me, twice. After three days he finally messages me back telling me he has not received the package yet, not to tell me he sent his package. Well, it is coming from Canada so it has to cross the border and takes a little bit longer. I guess he forgot to account for that. Well, I guess I have to wait for him to receive the figures first before he sends his package. What really ticks me off is not once did he say that I have to ship first.

Once again, WTF!!!

I mean This guy at least seems super legit, I just wish he had been more straight forward about how he trades.

Regardless though, It looks like when scams rain, scams pour.

Anyway, thanks for reading my sad sob stories and if you want, I can let you all know how they turn out.

Lesson to learn from this: Don't send paypal payments for merchandise as a gift.

Edited by pickle

I feel your pain

I bought a spiderman figure from a guy from figurerealm around late september early october.

he said that as soon as I sent the cash he sent me the figure.

and still nothing, I checked his picture that showed the figures and the one I bought is crossed out as in he sold it, but he has yet to send the figure. He hasn't been on since early october.

now I'm a patient guy and this isnt the first time the guy has done this from what I heard.

I give him to the end of the year otherwise, i might have to take action.

Edited by SErge

See that's bollocks man. That's no way to trade. I have, myself, fallen behind or forgotten to send something on occasion, but i always tell my trading partner what's going on and usually try to sweeten the deal a little (throw in some candy or an extra minimate) if i'm keeping someone waiting.

A Little communication goes a loooooooooooooong way online.

This is one thing i like about MMMV. I have never once been shafted here. Never.

I know it doesn't help you out right now while you are waiting, but i DO believe in toy-karma. These guys will get what's coming to them. . . .or more appropriately, they WONT get what's coming to them on day. And here's hoping it's the day that they are waiting for their set of Gold & Silver SpiderMen to arrive ;)

I feel your pain

I bought a spiderman figure from a guy from figurerealm around late september early october.

he said that as soon as I sent the cash he sent me the figure.

and still nothing, I checked his picture that showed the figures and the one I bought is crossed out as in he sold it, but he has yet to send the figure. He hasn't been on since early october.

now I'm a patient guy and this isnt the first time the guy has done this from what I heard.

I give him to the end of the year otherwise, i might have to take action.

I learned the hard way that PayPal won't take action if it's been past 45 days. You'd better hurry.

As for me, I've been ripped a few times in the past. It sucked. This one time I filed mail fraud through USPS and they actually took away the guy's mailbox, but I didn't get compensated.

Edited by Dio

I think I've come close a few times, but been so damn persistent in the past that it paid off for them to send me the stuff. Pickle, I can recommend better forums to actually trade in. Neither one of those forums are on my high list of trust worthy members, least of all Fwoosh. I only participate in my local sightings thread and occasionally trade with some of the locals. Others than that, I mostly do a bit of trading over at Action Figure Insider these days. Members are pretty fair and can't trade until they have at least 50 posts. I kind of like communities like that and here at MMV, where the staff work hard to insure the safety of the community. Still, I hope you get your figures in the end.

Thanks Donster, I totally agree with what you are saying about trustworthy communities.

Anyway, The Hisstank guy finally realized the money was there all along when I got paypal to resend the confirmation. Good thing nobody else asked to purchase them when he thought I never paid. Hopefully they are on the way.

I guess the Fwoosh guy is all by the books and I have to wait for mine to arrive first. I can't get mad at a guy for playing it safe, I just hate that he did not seem to mention he deals that way.

Both will be coming, or so I hope. :s