UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Reach

TM2 Dinobot

So Reach (Halo 6) is coming out. For me, I'm actually super excited. Halo 1 is my favorite, followed closely by ODST. My problem with ODST is it seemed too short. Reach though... it seems to have everything I love about Halo, city and country fighting, space! PLOT! STORY!!! and nothing I hate. Mainly, no Flood and limited Brutes. I can't say for sure it's going to be a win, but it's a walk in the park better than Halo 3. Dear Lord I hate that game.

Anyways, Reach seems a fine way for Bungie to go out. End where it began. :)

Halo 6?

1.HCE

2.H2

3. H3

4. H3:ODST

5. Halo Reach.

I assume you're counting Halo Wars. ODST was merely an expansion to H3 (Hence the H3:ODST) so this guy comes in @ #4.

I am excited though. I've been couting down the days. This is the prequel and having played a bit of it can say a lot of it plays like HCE... With Jet Packs.

SO EXCITED!!!

Except for ODST wasn't an extention of Halo 3. it actually had more to do with Halo 2. And was better than both games combined. :P And yeah, I was counting Halo Wars. if Bungie calls it it's last game after 5 titles, that's good though for me.

I love Halo1

Hmm, ODST is the only one of the series I haven't finished, I thought it was the weakest of the titles. Halo 1 is a classic, 2 was disappointing, but I thought 3 was a great game.

This may be Bungie's last Halo outing, but there is no way Microsoft is going to retire the series.

Personally, I would love to see Microsoft work with a developer to update Halo 1&2 to the 360 with updated graphics and acheivements, ala the God of War collection on PS3. :thumbsup:

Except for ODST wasn't an extention of Halo 3. it actually had more to do with Halo 2. And was better than both games combined. :P And yeah, I was counting Halo Wars. if Bungie calls it it's last game after 5 titles, that's good though for me.

I love Halo1

How is ODST better than the other two combined?

Honestly, that's what saves the ODST game for me, the multiplayer. Game and storywise, I think 3 was the better game. With ODST, you could tell this was a set up for the next game more than anything. With 3, I had never played a Halo game, but quickly identified with the character more. I even went out and picked up Halo 2 to learn more about Cortana's sacrifice. I'm really hoping that Reach is more than just the mutiplayer, although I did enjoy the beta when I had team mates more interested in actually winning and not just the mayhem :thumbsup:

Yeah. I sit down, in the dark, by myself and play the game. Halo 1 was grabbing and riveting. Halo 2 was... long. Halo 3 was a joke. ODST took me back to riveting. That's how I play. if the plot doesn't grab me, I don't consider the game any good. I've never even touched the multiplayer for 3 or ODST. If fact, I've never even taken that disk out of the case. And before you say "You're missing half the game play experience right there" let me ask you this. Why would I want to play with someone else when I can play by myself?

Nestle's right. We're retreading old ground here. This could actually be merged with the H3 thread if need be.

Back to Reach, I'm really excited about the space levels. It is so hard to come up with a good space/flying simulator.