UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Update: 10/02/2010 First Chuck Prototypes

Hi Guys,

after seeing all off your great customs, and especially the great Custom Con entries, I decided to start my first Custom as well.

So, I started on the decal for the face and this is what I came up with:

post-3378-1281106624_thumb.jpg

To see how well I got the likeness, I will let you guys guess who it is. Here are two clues that might help:

1. She will get a blonde hair piece

2. She is a character from a current tv show

Have fun guessing!

ARuloff

Edited by ARuloff

Great design anyway, but I think it's pretty hard to guess. Not because it sucks, which it doesnt, but because it'Äs very hard to guess a face without seeing anything else. And your hint doesn't help me at all. I'm not really up-to-date with current TV Shows.

CIA Agent Sarah Walker from Chuck.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

I have been working on a few Chuck Mate decals the last few days and hope I can make actual mates with them soon.

Stay tuned for a few more pictures in the next days.

So, the last few days I have been working almost non-stop on all kind of Chuck Mates with varouse degree of success.

Here is one where I am pretty happy with the result:

Big Mike

post-3378-1281260665_thumb.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

As soon as I get my sticker paper delivered, I will start on making actual Mates.

Edited by ARuloff

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a decal for Casey from Chuck, played by Adam Baldwin, and I can not get the likeness right. Here are my tries so far:

post-3378-1281550239_thumb.jpg

Any advise on what I could improve to make it more look like him?

For those of you that do not know what the great Adam Baldwin looks like, here are some pictures:

http://chucktv.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=10

Thanks for your help and I will show off some finished customes soon.

ARuloff

The bottom one looks too old. And, he has blue eyes, not green.

Barring any other attempts, I'd say the top one looks pretty good.

And, awesome Big Mike!! :lol: Can't wait to see Agent Carmichael himself!

As for Sarah's parts -

Gina Inviere's hairpiece:

fig0641h250.jpg

fig0641llg.jpg

Captivity Six's body:

fig0678flg.jpg

...with some black feet for shoes.

Handgun:

acc0035_lg.jpg

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=35

Edited by TENIME_art

The bottom one looks too old. And, he has blue eyes, not green.

Barring any other attempts, I'd say the top one looks pretty good.

Thanks TENIME, I guess I will leave him the way he is right now and see what he looks like as a complete mate with body and hair.

And, awesome Big Mike!! :lol: Can't wait to see Agent Carmichael himself!

Thanks again, Big Mike was the easiest so far, he just is very distinctive. I have Mr. Bartowski and the turn-around face 'flashing' Chuck done, still working on Agent Carmichael.

As for Sarah's parts -

Gina Inviere's hairpiece

Captivity Six's body

...with some black feet for shoes.

Handgun

That hair piece is perfect for the 'Orange Orange' employee! Still looking for a good one for the 'Wienerlicious' one...

I hope I can find some decent parts on my trip trough the States.

It seems we two are the only ones that know Chuck on here, that makes me sad :(

:D i LOVE chuck xD im so glad to hear its coming back its a great show and your designs look great! i think for casey you should go with something a little more shorter and on the verge of "balding"

Hey, it's coming back for a fourth season, there's more of us out there! :lol:

BSG Apollo's hair will be perfect for Morgan's faux-hawk, and I think Yellowjacket's hair (painted brown) would be great for Casey!

Yes, Apollo is the one I will get for Morgan, I was thinking, for an easy 1st season Morgen, one could the use Emo Peter Parker hair.

For Casey I was actually thinking about using the Old Man Logan hair painted brown.

For Jeffster I was thinking maybe Ultimate Thor and Venkman.

Hmm...OML's hair is too spikey, and Adam Baldwin isn't going bald, robomate, lol.

If Pym's hair is too "poofy", Bolt Face Iron Man's hair could work, too:

fig0704f3lg.jpg

My friends & I did a Chuck cosplay group for a con last year (I was Casey):

DSC04328.jpg

It was last minute, so our hair wasn't perfect (and mine was a wig, lol).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

been some time.

I was busy driving across the United States looking for Minimates (and of course enjoying my vacation).

But now that I am back, I have done some work on actual Minimates, sadly none are done yet (still missing a lot of parts, mostly hair...)

But here are the first 3 dry fittet Mates:

post-3378-1286012618_thumb.jpg

Back: Sarah and Jeff, Front: Lester

Still need to work on the eyebrows from Jeff, but otherwise I am pretty happy with them.

Also, here is a teaser of what our titular hero will look like:

post-3378-1286012609_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Andreas

Hey, it's coming back for a fourth season, there's more of us out there! :lol:

BSG Apollo's hair will be perfect for Morgan's faux-hawk, and I think Yellowjacket's hair (painted brown) would be great for Casey!

When I was making my friend I had to order that Apollo figure for his hair. I think Apolllo is the only minimate with the fauxhawk. I paid 1 cent plus $4.99 S/H.

Love the chuck customs so far and I especially like the chuck id card you did,I like it so much I edited a bit and saved it as my background{Allot I did was change the background grey{with the normal white I couldn't see the names of my files}and I changed chuck bartowski to just chuck{because while adding the gray some of it went over his name so I just added grey over the name then put chuck}

Love the chuck customs so far and I especially like the chuck id card you did,I like it so much I edited a bit and saved it as my background{Allot I did was change the background grey{with the normal white I couldn't see the names of my files}and I changed chuck bartowski to just chuck{because while adding the gray some of it went over his name so I just added grey over the name then put chuck}

Wow, I am honord that you like it that much. I have never have anyone use something from me as a background.

Dude, the protos look great!! Can't wait to see more!!

Thanks so much. I bought some paint over the weekend, so the first few will be done soon.

There's something I can't put my finger on that seems off about Chuck [eyebags? smirk line?], but Sarah is spot-on. Wuv wuv wuv!

Mhh, I actually like the way the smirk works, but I can see what you mean with the eyebags...

I am thinking on using Classic Apollos hair for Lester, any thoughts or better recomendations?=

Thanks

Andreas