UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Online

There is supposedly a demo or something of DC Online running at SDCC any con-goers seen it and give impressions?

Also came across this trailer for the game and it seriously kicks ass! If they made this into a movie I would nerdgasm

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/702050.html

Edited by MiniFiend UK

There is supposedly a demo or something of DC Online running at SDCC any con-goers seen it and give impressions?

Also came across this trailer for the game and it seriously kicks ass! If they made this into a movie I would nerdgasm

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/702050.html

LOL joker:"come on,come on we got lots of murdering to do"

I love how superman is just in space chilling where the most epic war is happening

This trailer is EPIC,The war scene is how a video game should be like,sadly I highly doubt that the game can be as epic as the trailer.

I have been really anticipating the game though.1 thing that really pisses the fk out of me is the ps3 version is P2P as well as the pc version.Why does it piss me off?You are paying $60.00 to buy the game and $15.00 PER MONTH!That really adds up It should be $5-10 considering you are paying 60 bucks!They should at least have an offline mode without any fee's.

But Other than that this games looks sweet I will be in a clan with anyone here as long as they are heroes and have ps3.I will prob get the game by Christmas unless I trade 3 games in and get hero edition that comes with 1 month

Oh and on Dc universe's site you can sign up for beta:http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/beta/

EDIT:watching the amusment mile video really makes me want the game.Ad when I say I highly doubt the games for being epic I think it's gonna be Awesome just not as epic as the trailer.

P.S I am in amusment mile right now!Well at least in my avatar:}

Edited by darkredshdow

I was head over heels in love with this game......minus the Pay to Play. If they game actually does launch with Pay to Play on the PS3 I will not now or ever purchase the game. This is the perfect reason to pay for Playstation Plus. As I've said in the past, paying $50 for Xbox Live, I would never pay to play an online game again. I hold this same stance to the PSN. If they included MMO fees with Playstation Plus I would be on board day one, but if they charge a seperate fee they can kiss my money goodbye...........and this, my friends, is why the MMO will never strive on Consoles!

neo

• 2 months later...

I would like to update some of my thoughts. First, if anyone caught the IGN 24 hours game marathon on Saturday, Greg Miller played DCUO for an hour and you could watch on their site. I have to say I still love everything that I've seen and read about the game. The game just looks great. It reminds me a little of City of Heroes, but with actualy console type gameplay. It looks great and the idea is so cool. You create your character including wether you are good or bad (you even get to pick your mention, the likes of Batman or Superman or Joker or Lex Luthor).

However, it was confirmed again while they were talking about the game that it is a $15/month fee to play. I just can't support this right now. Maybe if I had no life and could sink hours and hours into a game, but I just can't do it. I have a family and a full time job. I spend maybe 5 hours a week (maybe), so that's 20 hours a month a spend playing games. And, this is total, not just one game. I love Modnation Racers and Madden and several other PSN titles. So, even if I spent let's say 15 hours of my 20 hours a month on this single game, I'm basically paying 1 dollar per play hour for the month. That is just not going to work. Now, for people that can play 50, 60, 80 hours a month, they are going to get their money's worth. But I am going to have to pass which kinda stinks.

The answer, not that anyone cares, is that MMOs won't work on Consoles, but what does: Free Roam! I have to say that one of the best ideas came from Red Dead Redemption. The idea that you have a full, long, robust single player in a sandbox and then you can connect and play in that same free roam online MMO-type world. I just feel this is the closest thing we are every going to see to an working, fun MMO on the console unless these games start supporting Free-To-Play.

In the end, I still have hope that DCUO has such horrible sales that it will drop to Free-to-Play (ala Lord of the Rings Online). The day that it does, I will buy it no questions asked! neo

However, it was confirmed again while they were talking about the game that it is a $15/month fee to play.

LOL So they want folks to pay $50-60 up-front for the game, then $180 per year on top of that to actually play the thing? What a bunch of maroons.