UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Latest Mortal Kombat game

I must say, this looks downright awesome. I'm not real crazy about them bringing back ultra-cheap combos (in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance through Armageddon, there was a limit to how many hits/how much damage a combo could do, after which it would automatically stop), but it still looks like a lot of fun! :)

Personally, the MK franchise does nothing for me. I loved the first couple as a young teen, but they didn't hold up like Street Fighter 2. The draw of the game was pretty much the combos and fatalities, rather than actual gameplay IMO. And the characters were so. . .90s. Glad folks who are nostalgic are getting these newer ones, though.

i loved MK & MKII, playing on the Mega Drive n' all, however not only have i been pretty underwhelmed by the recent releases, but actually don't think any fighting game like this transfers well onto the last 2 generations of console. A 3D... 2D fighting game? nonsense!

k80 mentioned SF, again... old games were great fun to play... SF4 was as slow and jerky as MKvDC

but, while we're here n' all, anyone seen this? supposed to be sort of teaser trailer for a new film, seems they've done away with the whole magic side of this, which, to me... means its essentially not even MK...

Mortal Kombat

EDIT - which reminds me, the redesign of Baraka... can't help but think its got something to do with the Wolverine film

Edited by bobafett

That looks kind of interesting, though it seems to be a short film made to try and woo film execs to green light a feature-length film. Certainly looks better than the crap movies that were made in the 90s. I could see there being an audience for this. Strange to apparently make Scorpion the main character.

that does seem v.much to be the general consensus, and if it did get made... i'd see it

oh, and for Trek fans... apparently that Sonia is Seven of Nine

that does seem v.much to be the general consensus, and if it did get made... i'd see it

oh, and for Trek fans... apparently that Sonia is Seven of Nine

I'm certainly interested. I grew up loving the franchise, and the various ninjas are amoung my favourite characters. However it has been announced some fo the D-List characters are gone for good and to be honest, I'm a little worried some of my favourites (Rain and Ermac) will be thrown aside in favour of the more well known ones.

Otherwise I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

And I hope they make a movie out of that trailer. I think it's a great direction for the franchise.