UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CloneMe's Customs

Cloneme

So I gotta dig out all my old jpgs, and repost 'em but for now you can have the one I finished today, started it yesterday.

In keeping up with my heralds line.

The Destroyer, the Asgardian death machine. He later became a herald of Galactus.

destroyerjd8.th.jpg

destroyer2hr4.th.jpg

I know it's been a long time, but for those of you wondering Nova's on her way ;)

PREVIOUS CUSTOMS

My Gabriel Lan The Airwalker

heralds120yg.th.jpg

My Terrax The Tamer

heralds32au.th.jpg

My Firelord

heralds27lt.th.jpg

My Havok in classic costume

havok17rc.th.jpg

The Amazing Bag-Man

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3664/amazingbagman15gh.jpg

Let's not forget his back:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5509/amazingbagman27cl.jpg

Gold Spider-Man

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6792/go...an1smalljl2.jpg

back

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5261/go...an2smalleq8.jpg

Captain Marvel a la Kingdom Come

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2410/ca...nmarvel31ba.jpg

MORE TO COME!

Destroyer isn't a bad piece of customizing work for two days. In two days, I usually scrape off everything of value off my spare parts, then slap on a crappy layer of paint. My older brother describes the process of taking a minimate that's worth money, scraping paint off of it, putting my own paint on it, and producing something that isn't worth anything.

Destroyer isn't a bad piece of customizing work for two days. In two days, I usually scrape off everything of value off my spare parts, then slap on a crappy layer of paint. My older brother describes the process of taking a minimate that's worth money, scraping paint off of it, putting my own paint on it, and producing something that isn't worth anything.

...Thanks?

Thanks for the response, now I take time to answer everyone:

B)-->

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donny B @ Sep 27 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Ahhhh yes. The wonderous piece of beauty that had everyone drooling.

It seriously is an incredible and awesome thing.

Thanks Donny B! How's that Scarlet Spider custom holding up? If it needs a tune up, PM me!

What ever came of your efforts to mold it Cloneme?

(Oh and I always loved your heralds line, can I see another pic of Terrax?)

You know... Money became an issue, I discussed it with a friend of mine who does Action Figure molding for a living and he gave me the insight necessary to do it. I just kinda fell off the wagon. I DO still hope to pop a couple out, we'll see. Time will tell.... Maybe my tax return will fund it lol.

PS- I plan on posting the older custom jpgs tomorrow.

Nice work on Destroyer!

And PLEASE give us an update on casting the wooden marvel!

Read above, and thanks for the compliments!

Sweet Destroyer!! Excellent work, great detail.

Thank you, thank you very much.

I've touched Cloneme's 8" wood heh heh heh...

He got it out in the car once....

T.

Hey!!! mums the word.... I thought we weren't gonna talk about that.

Something tells me it goes beyond beer. :P

Um.... rum....yeah. It was the rum.....

I agree with both statements! :D

Read above, man! thanks for looking.

Dude if money is an issue i'm sure there are a few of us here willing to "help" you out.

Absolutely! I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. You could almost presell them here on the forum. Once you work out the casting and figure out a base price I'm sure you'd be able to find at least a dozen people, if not more, who'd gladly pay for an articulated Minimate Max blank! Now, as to whether or not this violates AA's copyright...

But then again there is that guy who sells those 8" Lego figs.

Dude if money is an issue i'm sure there are a few of us here willing to "help" you out.

Absolutely! I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. You could almost presell them here on the forum. Once you work out the casting and figure out a base price I'm sure you'd be able to find at least a dozen people, if not more, who'd gladly pay for an articulated Minimate Max blank! Now, as to whether or not this violates AA's copyright...

But then again there is that guy who sells those 8" Lego figs.

Ditto... again.

It's safe to say that there are many of us who would be willing to help financially to see this project come to life. Count me in for any assistance that I could give :D

Thanks Donny B! How's that Scarlet Spider custom holding up? If it needs a tune up, PM me!

Nah, dude! That custom is still just as beautiful and pristine as the day I got him from you! It's a wonderfully professional job... granted, I have been very careful with him, but I've also gotten a lot of use out of the little guy. Come October 6th, you will see several issues of Minimate Adventures featuring ol' Scarlet in all his customized glory B)

To this day, I still claim that, of all the minimates that I currently own, he is my favorite (though I have acquired several beautiful customs that come close... but he was my first *sniff... i lost my custom minimate virginity with him...) and he is still the best :P

...Thanks?

Didn't mean to confuse you. Your customs are some of the best I've seen, and your work has inspired some of my modest attempts at miscellaneous characters. I think my rambling was to show just how amateurish a week's worth of my own work is compared to a quick two-day project of your own is.

I do tend to ramble though. Like the time I went over to shelbyville during the war, I wore an onion on my belt....which was the style at the time...you couldn't get those white ones, you could only get those big yellow ones.................Now where was I?........oh yeah, the important thing was I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time, you couldn't get those...

Great looking heralds!!! I was working on Terrax when I quit toying months ago and had thought of doing all the heralds with Morg being 2.5" tall. I may still make him, but you guys have mostly done all of the others. Some one did Airwalker right? Maybe it was ol' Abe Drgnbrnr...... funny stuff man!

Well, I have said this already on this thread... but since there are two others who are saying the same thing, I will jump on the wagon and add a third voice to this compliment (I mean... I don't know how many people Cloneme made a Scarlet Spider for, but it seems like we're all destined to echo this thought ;) ) ... yes, apparently I would jump off of a bridge if TC23 and JL were jumping too :P

So, Ummm... "Ditto".

Yeah. My Scarlet Spider custom rocks my face off and back on again. Very professional. *thumbs up*