UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Minimates Solicited

Shipping in "December"

MOVIE/TV

SPOT OCT06 4363 BSG MODERN CYLON MINIMATE ASST (C: 0-1-4) MSRP: $5.00 = $

SPOT OCT06 4364 BSG CLASSIC CYLON MINIMATE ASST (C: 0-1-4) MSRP: $5.00 = $

Woo!

(Still no word on case packing though, although when previews ships next week it may become clear)

Yeah, but, $5.00 for ONE 'mate? I know we're lacking in any kind of 'mates fix, but is one 'mate worth $5.00?

I'm guessing this is two running tests for AA's marketing department (such as it is). One, these'll be the first blind boxed 'mates. Secondly, they're testing a new price point. (Of course, there's a third possibility - I'm giving AA's marketing department WAY more credit than they're due.)

Anyway. If you guys all bite and buy 'em by the case, it'll be a successful test and we'll probably see more like this in the future. If you hold off on buying them for a few weeks, a message might be sent....

Don't get me wrong - I'm all geeked up about the classic line. I plan on picking them up. Just not right away. I'll probably wait until the 4 packs are released.

The word we got is that they are being sold 12 to a case. Puts it at SSRP $60 ... we'll be under that, definitely. Just not sure by how much yet ... but every little bit counts, right?

We will have final confirmation next week ... and of course we'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the confirm, 12 in a case isn't bad. This will make them even rarer and probably why their price point is $5 each. It will be nice to know the case breakdown and if indeed they are blind packaged.

If they are blind packaged and Classic Gold Cylon is rarer than 1:12, I'm going to be pissed and inevitably might quit. God I hope not. If they stick to 1:12, I'll get a bunch of cases.

Thanks for the confirm, 12 in a case isn't bad. This will make them even rarer and probably why their price point is $5 each. It will be nice to know the case breakdown and if indeed they are blind packaged.

If they are blind packaged and Classic Gold Cylon is rarer than 1:12, I'm going to be pissed and inevitably might quit. God I hope not. If they stick to 1:12, I'll get a bunch of cases.

Smaller cases are good! I was really worried I'd have to buy a huge case of 48 or 72.

If they keep it to 'a set per case & extra's' then I'm happy, but if it means trawling through mulitple cases to get a set I'm going to be very pissed off :( and like JL might see it as the end of my completist era.

T.

Same here. Still not real gung-ho on this line anyway.

The word we got is that they are being sold 12 to a case. Puts it at SSRP $60 ... we'll be under that, definitely. Just not sure by how much yet ... but every little bit counts, right?

We will have final confirmation next week ... and of course we'll keep you posted.

That's great news, Xy! Thanks for the update and mark me down for one of each!

Would they do that? Say make the Gold Cylon a 1:24 or even more rare? As I'm writing this I'm thinking of some of the Kubrick ratios that I've seen before like 1:96. I hope they're not that rare!

Would they do that? Say make the Gold Cylon a 1:24 or even more rare? As I'm writing this I'm thinking of some of the Kubrick ratios that I've seen before like 1:96. I hope they're not that rare!

I'm just expecting the worst and thinking about the same possibilities. 1:12 would be nice. I may even let 1:24 slide if they aren't blind packaged but would that defeat their purpose? Hopefully the Previews next week will provide an answer.

Just thinking about if Goldie is indeed 1:12 maybe we get...

Goldie 1:12

Stealth 2:12

Battle-Damage 3:12

Regular 6:12

Aren't they supposed to be rare? 1:12 doesn't seem to really make them rare compared to the others. How about the rarity of the modern Chrome/Bloody Cylon? There are 5 different versions which makes 1:12 somewhat non-believable. I sincerely hope they are 1:12. Hopefully the Previews will provide peace of mind.

MODERN BATTLESTAR GALACTIC CYLON MINIMATES

A Diamond Select Release! An Art Asylum Design! Just in time for the third season

premiere comes this all-new Cylon Minimate assortment! Featuring everyone’s favorite

individually packed toasters, each case contains multiple Cylon models for maximum

carnage! Be on the lookout for the variant gun-arm and battle-damaged Centurians, as

well as the limited chrome Centurion and the Bloody Centurion! Limited to only 500

cases! Scheduled to ship in February 2007. (4667/26029) (C: 0-1-4) NOTE: This item is

sold to retailers in case lots. Please check with your retailer for availability.

Minimates MSRP: $5.00

CLASSIC BATTLESTAR GALACTIC CYLON MINIMATES

A Diamond Select Release! An Art Asylum Design! Return to your sci-fi roots with this

assortment of Cylon Centurion Minimates from the classic Battlestar Galactica series!

Designed by Art Asylum and limited to only 500 cases, these special edition Cylons are

sure to make a killing or two. Be sure to pick up the limited gold Command Centurion as

well as the chrome and battle-damaged variants to ensure these walking deathtraps only

act “by your command!” Scheduled to ship in February 2007. (4667) (C: 0-1-4) NOTE:

This item is sold to retailers in case lots. Please check with your retailer for availability.

Minimates MSRP: $5.00

WTF?! :angry: Bye Bye Art Asylum!!!

I hate false advertising! Fall my ass!

Well Previews is released next week and shops have to put in their orders in about three weeks after that so then after three months it'll be January so February is not surprsing. They better pray I see NA/AXM packs or I'm falling off their fairy tale planet!

Couldn't agree with you more Reid, I think it's important for AA to actually know how the consumer feels. For the life of me, I cannot understand the hold up on these and the other Minimates <_< Another thing I can't understand is why AA/DST can't release multiple lines at the same time. Seems like their either concentrating on Trek or Minimates, why can't everything come out at the same time. While my wallet might cry for a bit, it might cut down on the complacency if every fan, whether it's Trek or Mates, actually saw merchandise on the shelves. Sorry, guess I'm just frustrated because I was looking forward to this line most of all and hoping it would be released about the same time as the 3rd season :rolleyes: Off to take Reid's advice and post the same question on AA's forum ;)