UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SMC wave 18

TM2 Dinobot

GAH! This is driving me nuts. This was shown in Toyfare almost 5 months ago. The ads started running in Marvel comics about the same time. This is driving me CRAZY! This is one of the few lines I actually collect, that theyre just fun to play with. (not saying I only collect few things, I'm saying the fun factor is way up there)

Online, they're listed but everything is out of stock. Marvel and ToyBiz both don't have this wave listed. I can't wait any more, where is it?!

smclsscs18_FlmMdJck.jpg

smclsscs18_StlthVnm.jpg

smclsscs18_DlBlstShckr.jpg

Target is where I found mine(about a month ago). In fact, Target has pretty much been where I've found everything lately(SMC, ML 14, XMC3, minimates...)since TRU and Wal-Marts in my area (Missouri/Kansas)have been pretty pathetic this Summer(OK, out of fairness, I did find SF2/Darkstalker and Speed Racer minis at TRU!). Mad Jack and Shocker are definitely worth picking-up!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I got Shocler and Mad Jack a few weeks back and finialy got Stealth Venom. I'm not sure which I like better. All three suffer from design problems (as with most of ToyBiz's stuff. I sware, they found out they lost the liscence and they stopped caring) Shocker's arm keeps falling off, so does Mad Jack's leg, and Venom's torso is a little loose. I "fixed" all three with some nail polish. They seem to be working well now.

This must have been the non-torso-bendy wave. All three swivle at the waist and that's it. They have "action" feature. Venom can move his mouth (less then the regular version it seems) Shocker can shoot missiled out of his nonarticulated arms, as well as being a wind up toy that viberates. Yes, you read that right. Mad Jack, if you push the button on her back, her head lights up. She also had a stupid feature of "flingging" some seriously oversized pumpkin bombs. Seriously, these things are bigger than her head. Reminds me of the first Beast Machines Primal with his "I fling poo!" action. And whoever designed her glider, well... it cant sit up straight even when she'd not on it. Stealth Venom is okay, he's the same as the black version. He was a little darker then I expected, they used a smokey plastic. If you catch him just right however, he has a blue tint. I went over mine with glow in the dark yellow wash, biving him a kind of radioactive feel.

Over all, I give Shocker 3.5 out of 5, Mad Jack 4 out of 5 and Venom 4 out of 5. He loses a point for repedativeness of his superior predacessor. Understand however that I would have gotten these toys no matter what.

Now all I need is the "Ultimite" villians, a few movie toys, earlier SMC toys and the box sets. if any one knows where I can get the Sinister Six, Urban Legends and Ulitmite Foes, would you let me know?