UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The New Stuff in Mass Market

With the abundance of lines finally hitting shelves, be it reissue or otherwise, can anyone help me get some information on the specifics for these so I can pass them along to my local TRU and Target?

For starter, are Speed Racer, Street Fighter, and the reissues and upcoming releases of Marvel limited to the larger stores in the chain, or are smaller stores getting this stuff too?

What are the product numbers on these (not sure what its called, but whatever sets it apart in the computers at the stores)?

I've been to TRU about Speed and SF but they said check back in a week. Target said try back in a month or so for the Marvel reissues. Neither store really had any idea what they were. I'm desperate to help keep the mass market introduction successful, plus I haven't gotten much from the Street Fighter and nothing from the Speed line yet, and I can always use the reissues for parts, and who can pass up the new figures in the coming weeks from Marvel.

If anyone can help me in educating my local retailers, I'd appreciate it.

It seems that doing so isn't easy.....everytime I ask someone at a Target or TRU about Minimates, I get this really confused look. I describe further and sometimes have item numbers, and still get "deer in the headlights" staring back at me.

Needless to say, it's Very frustrating......... :(

Speed Racer seems to be TRU exclusive

Target is getting rolling Marvel 2 Packs.

The Marvel & SF2 4 Packs are TRU exclusive

Both groups of stores have no control over recieveing them AFAIK, they will be getting them.

Neither will be getting them, if what I learned today is any indication. The people at TRU did offer to give me a phone number if I could name another store that did carry these "minimates". One lady was kind enough to rudely say "Not all Toys R Us get everything".

Shopping in this town sucks tremendously! Why can I buy Flashdance on VHS at my local TRU, but when I try to find a toy, nothing. But at least we did get new Cars toys, though the movie has been off the radar for how long?