UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Fun

I've been thinking about this for a week or so. I thought i'd use quotes or captions to go with films or scenarios that I considered funny. I thought about the fact i only have a handful of minimates, but i do intend the pictures to be funny scenarios that i'd photograph them in.

I posted this up on flickr about an hour ago, and thought i'd share it all with you here too. Apologies mods if this is in the wrong forum. Again this isnt intended to offend anyone, just a bit of fun.

4190934676_cc2c1cce13.jpg

I do stress that the image will probably not be as funny to you if you have never watched Jackass :blush:

Thanks guys :blush:

I really think for the joke to work, people have to know what the Jackass TV Series is about and they will then realise what Magneto intends to do with Professor X :biggrin:

I should also point out that I welcome any suggestions and or comments, as long as they are critical with cause (obviously), I love taking photographs of toy figures. I'm always looking to better myself and learn new techniques.

Finally not all my pictures will be from Film/Television, some will probably just funny quotes or scenarios i've thought up and wanted to act out with my minimate figures, naturally some ideas i do have i've been holding back on because i dont have certain characters just yet. This is purely for entertainment purposes and just a tongue in cheek look at the minimate figures. :)

I'll post my next one soon. ;)

Hey, Here is my latest photograph of Minimate fun. The title and description are pretty self explanatory. I had fun setting these guys up, I wanted to create a small barbers chair for Piotr to sit in, but it didnt look right, and he looks funnier sulking like that on the floor. :D

4191309745_cd78c2e0d9.jpg

Hope you like.

Nice.

Say, do you want this your photo thread - which would be totally okay, I think -, or do you wish other contribute pics reacting quotes, etc.?

Whatever is cool with everyone else, I mean its called minimate fun so if people wanna do their own, they can chuck them in here, the more the merrier!! :biggrin: :lol:

I usually put my photos like this either in the Wacky Minimates Pics thread or start my own in the Crisis of Multiple Minimates section, but whatever. These are cool. I actually DO get the Jackass joke (Can't stand that show. :lol: )

You're photos are very clear...much better than my own attempts. :)

I usually put my photos like this either in the Wacky Minimates Pics thread or start my own in the Crisis of Multiple Minimates section, but whatever. These are cool. I actually DO get the Jackass joke (Can't stand that show. :lol: )

You're photos are very clear...much better than my own attempts. :)

Thank You Chazwinski :)

Today I have done this photograph showing Catwoman being Sarcastic to Phoenix

4192669541_d0b206d48b.jpg

:biggrin:

Wow - VERY clear, crisp pictures. What kind fo camera are you using?

It's a SONY Cybershot 7.2 Mega Pixel with a Carl Zeiss Lens :) I also use a tripod to stabilise the camera, the reason the shots look so bright and crisp is because i've placed the figures on white background /paper and used a higher exposure setting to brighten the photo, theres a little cropping and editing going on in the photos using Picassa 3 too B)

• 4 weeks later...

My latest pic.

Not really from a film, but i thought it was funny while doing the pic all the same. :D

Sub-Mariner meets 2 of my new minimates... and remembers....

4258878449_53711b838f.jpg

I hate to be an @$$, but "Piotr should have been"...not "of"... ;)

no not at all :blush: i didnt realise until you pointed it out, in doing so it makes me improve hopefully for next time.

Thanks

Not so much a funny caption. But rather amusing to see that Minimates are just as prone to hospital visits as we humans are!

4265990932_203eb450f4.jpg

I have various replacements lined up already, thanks to those who have agreed to help out. :) what is rather disturbing is the flash smiling at his missing left foot! haha

• 2 weeks later...

not quite movie scene but two progressive pictures explaining my Joker's missing hairpiece. I got a lot of Minimates in from a private sale (another forum) and My joker was missing his hairpiece....

4297922688_8de4831532.jpg

After I managed to get help from Jeff aka Hulk197, he sent me some accessories, namely Jokers Hairpiece.

4297896740_428c5790a7.jpg

Joker returns... and Batman's afternoon is about to get busy :biggrin:

now that is great,I love it good stuff :)

My latest pic.

Not really from a film, but i thought it was funny while doing the pic all the same. :D

Sub-Mariner meets 2 of my new minimates... and remembers....

4258878449_53711b838f.jpg

Thanks! :biggrin:

hopefully I will have some more soon, I've been pre-occupied with compiling a lego inventory, I inherited a box full of lego and i'm up to 600 pieces already, with another box promised on monday, fun times :)

WTF!? That's the Mega Bloks Daily Bugle!! :blink:

Thanks Guys!

@ Tenime_art : I thought the bugle was a newspaper? this is a Mega Bloks Bank Carry Case? :blush:

i saw it in the lego box i got for free and decided to use it for that Joker picture. I thought it looked pretty cool as a backdrop with it saying BANK on it. :)

It's the same sculpt as the Mega Bloks Daily Bugle Carrying Case. I didn't know they repainted it as a bank (or repainted it as the DB).

Ah ok :) I must find the bugle one then, it would look good with jameson and parker minimates :)