UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Danny's Quasi-Customs

Danny

My chosen entry for the cover competition was of Phoenix: Endsong 3:

Endsongcover.jpgEndsongcoverDanny.jpg

But I had originally done another cover, and as I couldn't enter both I'll attach it here:

NXM139cover.jpgNXM139coverDanny.jpg

For both covers, the Minimates and accessories were shot and posed "live", with the only post production being the logo added to the top.

Yeah that was what initially put me off the Endsong one. I actually took a whole lot of "principle photography" after deciding on about 4 covers, and initially made the one that was easiest (The New X-Men one) but afterwards I thought the Endsong one would just be that more dynamic even if the Wolverine wasn't quite right. After all, it's not a huge costume change.

Thanks for the kind words :)

My first attempt at the cover just had the whole Endsong title bar, flames and all, slapped above Phoenix and Wolvy and I thought it looked pretty uninspired, so I thought, "How am I gonna recreate the fire?" and then thought of using all the Minimate flame accessories I had. Worked pretty well, especially with the lighting. I am very pleased with the way it turned out overall.