UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any other Jurassic Park figure collectors?

I wouldn't say "collector" as much as "appreciate the well-played-with toys i have from when I was a kid". I'm upset that Hasbro sent Jurassic Park back to TRU, and they're using the awful AWFUL JP3 toys. Chaos Effect was way better than that. There's speculation that they are doing the toys because they're about to lose the license, same as they did with Toy Story.

There's also a company out there called Papo that makes vinyl static figures. But they look straight out of the movie. it's amazing.

30082009138.jpg

I have tons of dinos, vehicles, and figures in storage. I'm thinking about selling them because they really aren't being appreciated. My favorites were the big triceratops with Dino Damage, my screaming Spitter, and of course all of the raptors. One Christmas I got the mobile command unit from JP2. A couple figures I always wanted was the Galimimus and Utahraptor, but could never find them in the store.

I saw the Utahraptor and his ilk from those few waves in the store ONCE. He and the JP wave 1 were by far the hardest to find.

The Dinos I'm missing from Wave 1 were Large T-rex and Coelophysis.

I never got Dennis or Ellie Wave 1 either.

I had the vehicles, but not the JP1 command base.

I really liked the aesthetic of the original few waves. They were simple, and the cards/baby dinos that came with were a nice treat. I remember setting up a jungle scene in my front yard in the tall grass and playing with them (gingerly and never in the mud, as I was neurotic even as a grade-schooler). Many fun days with those dinos...

A couple figures I always wanted was the Galimimus and Utahraptor, but could never find them in the store.

I got the Utahraptor for Christmas when I was 9. I found the Galimimus in stores once - and only once - at WalMart, and my mother was gracious enough to buy me one. Thanks, Mom! :)

Nowadays, the Gallimimus is ultra-rare, and ultra-expensive, as is the Baryonyx. I paid almost $50 for a used Baryonyx (great condition, though), so I can't even imagine how much it would be in mint condition. :blink:

I wouldn't say "collector" as much as "appreciate the well-played-with toys i have from when I was a kid". I'm upset that Hasbro sent Jurassic Park back to TRU, and they're using the awful AWFUL JP3 toys. Chaos Effect was way better than that. There's speculation that they are doing the toys because they're about to lose the license, same as they did with Toy Story.

There's also a company out there called Papo that makes vinyl static figures. But they look straight out of the movie. it's amazing.

30082009138.jpg

The JP3 toys were okay, IMO. Their only flaw was that they were just too darn fragile. The human figures' hands had a nasty habit of breaking off too easily.

The Papo figures look simply awesome. I bet they cost an arm and a leg, though! :(

• 5 years later...

I was actually going to start a new thread but I decided that the 'we've already got a thread ' police were far more intimidating than the 'necro-thread' police sarcasm-1.gif ....so as the member here with the most things in common with 'them' I wanted to know " Has anybody else fallen in love with Papo dinosaurs ? "

I recently spied some amongst the stash I store for a REAL LIFE friend of mine & I almost begged him to let me have them .

I have them devil.gif .....they're mine .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Been on my list to pick up for a while now, but never seen one in person before this week. I'm on vacation in Japan right now and seen them in a couple of stores. They are super nice, will grab both T-Rexs (brown standing, green running) when I get home.

Do they come in other colours?

Edited by UK Collector