UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Box sets based on comics I'd like to see

ironrope

Chronotrigger knows where it's at!

I know i've said it before - but i would go ape for an Age of Apocalypse box set (or 3! he he he.).

It's my favourite story arc of all time so far. It just totally up-ended the X-Universe while still holding onto the core values of the books.

Perhaps a Magneto/Apocalypse/Rogue/Weapon X set, then a Cyclops/Jean Grey/Sinister/X-Man set

I'd love to have Mimic & Blink with MiniMates too - but they can come out with the Exiles box-set with Holocaust & Sabretooth ;)

Edited by Nessex

Seconding the AoA ideas. I'd love a Magneto with the "long white hair" look, and a lot of designs from that story are cool.

Clone Saga! Scarlet Spider [with molded web capsule bracelets and slip-on hoodie piece], Kaine, Spidercide [or a redone Ben Reilly with slip-on mask?], The Jackal

House of M: Hulk, "Red Guard" Wolverine, Iron Man, Magneto [regalia]

[World Without A :) ] Captain America: Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Crossbones

War of Kings: Vulcan, Gladiator, Ronan the Accuser,

We could also use a Young Avengers set... and I'm not too familiar with the series but an Exiles pack would be amazing.

Edited by lastmaximal

Wrecking Crew

U-Foes

Clone Saga (Kaine, Jackal, Spider-Man of some sort because you know they will, Ben Reilly)

Thunderbolts (ALL OF THEM, I especially like the current lineup)

Frightful Four (minus Hydro-Man, we have him)

Sinister Syndicate (minus Hydro-Man and Rhino, or at least give us a new Rhino)

Captain America (Crossbones, Falcon, Baron Strucker, Winter Soldier)

Some aren't based on specific comics, but are either well known units or could knockout a large portion of supporting cast. I'd also be down for an Armor Wars set and ANY version of the Masters of Evil. Perhaps several versions, I'd buy all of them. Oh, and the Serpent Squad, and.....I need to walk away, I could be here a while.

Well, if we're counting story arcs, a GLA Misassembled box set is definitely one I'd want to get.

Great Lake Avengers

-Squirrel Girl

-Big Bertha

-Doorman

-Mr Immortal

and make a mock up prototype picture of flat man and print it out double sided, include as an insert, or make it available to print on the artasylum website.

Those five characters have been suggested for such a set several times before - but why does everyone forget that this box set also needs to include Monkey Joe and Tippy Toe? Squirrel Girl would not be pleased! :P

I'd be interested in some AoA stuff too.

Perhaps a Magneto/Apocalypse/Rogue/Weapon X set, then a Cyclops/Jean Grey/Sinister/X-Man set

Sounds good to me. For a third, I'd be inclined to go for an AoA and Beyond boxset:

- Sabretooth

- Blink

- Sunfire

- Dark Beast

In case we haven't got obscure enough yet, I'd also like to see:

She-Hulk: Superhuman Law

- Jennifer Walters, Attorney-at-Law (ideally with extra She-Hulk pieces)

- Holden Holliway*

- Awesome Andy

- Southpaw

(* Arguably, Titania might be a better fit for this boxset - but I'm going to continue to hold on to the hope that we'll see a Titania/Volcana 2-pack one day, and leave her out.)

And, if you really want a box set from just one single comic:

Heroes For Hope

- Mohawk Storm

- Punky Rogue

- M-Costume Magneto

- Banana-eating Wolverine*

Accessories:

- all the food pieces they can make! Feed the minimates!

(In keeping with the original premise of Heroes for Hope, this could be a special charity box set, with a portion of the proceeds from each sale going to an appropriate organisation. :))

(*to keep Marketing happy.)

Maximum Carnage boxset

Spider-Man

Venom

Carnage

Shriek

Carrion

Doppleganger

Demogoblin

I would purchase this in a heartbeat.

Edit: I just thought of another one I'd like to see: a box set of the Enforcers (Ox, Montana, and Fancy Dan, with Big Man thrown in as a bonus). The Enforcers are some of my favorite old school Spidey villains.

Edited by MinnesotaIceman