UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates in comics!

vbpanizzi

I know this happened before with 'mates showing up in an Avengers Initiative issue, but it has happened again.

I don't have access to a scanner but Deadpool 900 has a story with minimates in it. The Invaders and the Zombies both show up. There also other Diamond items.

If anyone can post a grab of this I'd love to see it.

I wonder if the artist is just a fan or if this is paid product placement. I got the feeling that the DST folks were just as surprised as we were from the Avengers exposure. But since you mentioned other DST products this one feels like it might be advertising.

It's happened before.

Heres the page with the minimates in.

Ooh, that's unfortunate.

On the plus side it doesn't look like product placement, just a "I need to fill this space with action figures... Hello Google Image Search!"-kind of situation. I really hope DST didn't pay for that exposure, the Avengers Initiative panel was a lot more appealing.

Thanks for the scan.

Wait, now I need to know what is happening in the story.

It looks like Deadpool is killing comic fans who collect Minimates.

Weird. I have a chair just like that in my reading den....Oh God...Is Deadpool going to kill me tonight as I read this issue?!?!?!

Yes actually he is. That is the point of breaking the fourth wall anyway isn't it.