UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How well do the blue of these two Captain America's match?

jjbrwesq

I'm wondering how well the blue of the mask of the very first Captain America figure matches the Cap figure that comes in the Heroes box set.

I really don't like the wierd half mask that most of the Caps come with, but I think that the Heroes Cap has the best body/colors so I was hoping the first mask would look okay on him.

If anyone could throw a pic up that would be awesome!

Just to clarify, but you are talking about the wave 5 Captain America, right?

Don't have my camera with me right now, but the wave 5 mask is a bit of a deeper shade of blue than the Heroes Cap, which is a bit more "washed-out" in color. Regretfully the deeper blue of the mask stands out a bit even from afar. I'll see if I can upload a pic later.

On a related note: color mismatching aside, the wave 5 mask fits Heroes Cap's head perfectly. The original Heroes mask doesn't. I was under the impression that these two masks were from the same mold. Like, wth?

This is what happens when you try to fix what ain't broke :no:

Out of all the Caps released, the wave 5 version is by far the best, in my opinion, and currently is my very favorite Minimate of all.

sorry but i have to disagree i think the invaders cap is the best (sure it would be cool if is mask was cut out)

check out this link it should help.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with NorthRaider that the wave 5 mask is a little bit darker shade of blue then the Heroes mask.

The best combination I got was using the wave 12 head of Captain America with the Heroes body and mask.

Here are some pics of the different Captain America's for reference. The only other alteration I did to any of my Cap's was add boots and a belt from an Invaders Captain to my wave 12 Captain.

post-2109-1256682472_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1256682505_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1256682625_thumb.jpg