UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gruesome Ghosts Writing Contest!

luke314pi

Writing Contest Winners

This was a very hard contest to judge! My wife and I were very impressed with the quality of the writing and ideas in the entries. It was a very close race, but we both agreed that these three entries were the best stories overall:

Grand Prize Winner: The Hungry Hungry Cop by Groundhog7s

2nd Place: Red Wedding by Cappy

3rd Place: This Kind of Body by Danny

Their amazing stories are posted in today's Minimate Factory update. I will be contacting the winners about their prizes in the next few days. As the grand prize winner, Groundhog7s will receive a custom 2″ minimate of his choice made by yours truly, his face as one of the zombies in my upcoming zombies decal kit, a copy of the Ninja Minimates Decal Kit, a FBCD 2009 minimate, and a mini-figure display case!

Congratulations guys! The rest of the entries will be posted next week!

A well-deserved win for the three of you! Congrats again! :)

"Hungry Cop" was cute but well-written, and "This Kind Of Body" seemed oddly apropos for a man of Danny's taste :ermm: And DAMN YOU Cappy! Damn you for making me cry like a baby pulling my heartstrings with your "light and darkness" story! *sob*

I chose to write about the Ripped Trainer as Luke namechecked me in the initial post revealing her - no idea why :biggrin: Never thought I'd get near any of the prizes tbh.

Congratz to groundhog, I thought his classic "hard boiled" first person narrative cop story was really well executed, and also to Cappy, his story had a lot of depth to it.

"I’ve been shot twice, stabbed once and survived two divorces and it’s a turkey that gets me in the end." Best line! (Oh, and I should check out that donut place on 116th/Broadway, 'cause I'm there every day! :ohmy: )

Congrats to the three of you! I really like the stories. And great contest Luke! Really cool idea! And I guess Granny being the winner is the best that could happen! After him messing around with a few of our avatars, we'll know be able to have our own ultimate revange with his (zombie-) face being availabe as a minimate! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...