UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Probably The Most Random Question Asked Here.

Well, I've decided, that I'm going to become, either a comic book writer, or an artist. Right now, I can do writing a lot more of a better job, than art. At The moment, I'm creating the origin to one of the characters. His power is that he can control metal (Like Magneto), Can turn metal into any form, (Liquid, solid, gas?!) and that he can turn himself into metal, (Good Example, Terminator 2, with the main antagonist; When he is melted into a puddle of metal, but transforms to his original form, and also where he can turn his hands into different weapons of sorts.) Anyway, so the question I need to know is, In Earth's Atmosphere, is there any sort of metal in it? Like enough, to keep him levitating?

Edit: I answered My own Question. After thinking, Magneto levitates because of the metal in the air. Sorry for the Topic that was unneeded. Dx

Edited by The GrumbleGrumbles

So... it's like Magneto and Mercury's (New X-Men) love child? Lol

So... it's like Magneto and Mercury's (New X-Men) love child? Lol
I guess So. I don't even know who Mercury is. But Now I do. So, it's funny to say it, but yeah, that's exactly what it is.

After joining our Merry Marching Society, Mr.Grumble realised he wasn't on the Mr.Men forum & had become the MMMV's ......I beg your pardon....the Mr.MenGrumbleverse's 7th highest poster in just 3 days :ohmy: Also, as far as I know there has never been anybody here before that has had as complete a set of incomplete Minimates as Mr.Grumble has .....his 'wants list' rivals a Tolstoy novel .

My random question is "Why us? " :(

Actually Magneto, Polaris, and most other folks with Magnetic powers fly by manipulating Earth's natural magnetic field to allow themselves to fly. Essentially, they "repel" themselves away from the ground, in the direction and speed they wish to go. Magneto also wears metal weave clothing, so he alternately could simply be lifting himself by his own clothes. Uncomfortable, but there it is. Point being, your character has a variety of options for using his magnetic powers for flight. (not counting the ever popular "he's my character, he flies because I say he can.")

Well i'll be damned!! I'm not the only one who wants to work for a comic book company in the near future!! Well that's cool. And i do more art that writing. ;)

And my input is the same as Miry's. It's Earth's natural magnetic field coming from the core, not the atmosphere. So technically, he's bending the Earth against itself to "float."

So I guess this has become a debate: Does the Earth revolve around Magneto or does Magneto revolve around the Earth?

SCIENCE!!!

Edited by Nekoi