UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Max Sentinel general question

shanezey

I recently purchased a Max Sentinel off eBay. The figure is nice, but the figures left leg is kind of loose. It still stands up and has a good footing, but the connection between the leg and the body is not 100% solid. Is this normal and/or have any of you had this issue. Does it maybe come from too much time on the shelf? I'm not going to return it or anything because it took me too long to find one for a decent price, but I would like to know. Thanks.

If memory serves me correctly, a board member here (Luke341Pi i think?) tried to articulate a Minimates Max Sentinel only to find that it was Resin cast around a steel frame. So, i would assume that the leg *shouldn't* be loose. . . but i would just be guessing based on Luke's customizing experiments.

The legs and arms are separate pieces from the body, and they are glued in place. Each of these pieces has a steel rod in the center, but that rod does not come up into the joints. The joints are not the same as a normal minimate joint, they are just a peg and a hole, without the shape needed for articulation.

If your leg is loose, I am guessing the glue has some loose. You could try to wiggle it off and reglue it, but it will probably be fine.

The legs and arms are separate pieces from the body, and they are glued in place. Each of these pieces has a steel rod in the center, but that rod does not come up into the joints. The joints are not the same as a normal minimate joint, they are just a peg and a hole, without the shape needed for articulation.

If your leg is loose, I am guessing the glue has some loose. You could try to wiggle it off and reglue it, but it will probably be fine.

Thanks for the information. I'll just leave him alone for now. If I come home one day and his leg has fallen apart I'll just super glue it back I guess.