UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chicago Comic Con Minimates Report

Sorry to hear that Chicago has been a downer to some folks. While not having to do with minimates, I had a dream come true many times over when my girlfriend and I were invited to sit at Mike and Laura Allred's (Madman, Wednesday Comics' Metamorpho) table and hang out with them! I'm having a wonderful time, as you can read all about here:

http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/allr...es=n;read=32162

very, very cool! good for you, man.

i love allred's artwork... all those thick, clean lines and his understated cartoon-ish style makes for some killer images. i was a big fan of his run (with peter milligan) on "x-statix".

It was indeed a real treat to get to spend the two days with the Allreds. I still can't get over it!

I really hope DST will think about some Madman 'mates. They're super heroey, colorful, and way over the top fun. X-Statix, too!

As for that Hawkeye mask, the replacement I asked for was one where the eyes were next to each other... rather than one eye being way way up on the mask so he looked like his face was bashed in.

I was there on Friday only and talked to Matt, who rang up my purchase of the Amazon "exclusive" ghosts set. I wasn't feeling well, so I probably came across as some type of plastic junkie (which, really, isn't too far from the truth), and I forgot to express my desire for the Brother Voodoo mate that should be packaged with Kang in wave 33.

Sorry to disappoint, but if you read this thread you'll notice DSTMatt already said he'll be packaged with Dr. Bong.