UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Half-Blood Prince

Trekker 42

RANT TIME!!! Please forgive me as I haven't read a single HP book!

"First aspect".

Like Trekker already pointed out, it wasn't a big deal in the books either. I guess, when I look back to when the book came out, the whole title and that idea was like a red herring in some way, since I - and my friends whoe read it - were speculating a lot about what will happen.

(And I can proudly say, that I believed in Snape from the beginning!)

There was a lot more background information (just like the Tom Riddle flashbacks of his family I really was looking forward to see!) and it was more like a riddle to be solved in the books, so I was a little disappointed, but it's okay in my eyes.

RANT TIME!!!

"Second aspect".

You are damn right here. I mean, they already introduced the Aurors in the beginning, patrolling all over Hogwarts and then, in the end, sweet nothing? That was very unsatisfying. Although Trekker might be right with his thought, we didn't had to see a huge battle, but just showing that Deatheaters aren't able to walk through Hogwarts (and smashing the Great Hall!) after all. I mean, it isn't like those kids (Harry, Hermione, etc.) are the only people who are able to fight back... And wasn't Harry petrified so he couldn't engage in the killing scene at the end? I bet, if he wasn't like in that movie, he'd be gone berserk! :down:

And, this is my last rant on it, the scene in the seaside cave was way too short and unatmospherical (does this word exist in English?)!

However, I really enjoyed the movie especially the first half, which was brilliant in my eyes!!! :thumbsup: