UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

UFC anyone?

minimadman

I will watch UFC if it comes on TV, but won't pay outrageous PPV prices. I actually used to watch it back in the 90s when Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, and Dan Severn were kings. Being a fan of pro wresling (and a former [very bad] amateur wrestler myself), I knew that Lesnar had the potential to make a real impact, even when he first appeared and there were a lot of nay-sayers. That guy is a beast. Apparently he was a jerk after last night's win, but seriously. . .he was a former WWE heel champion! I know many MMA fans like to scoff at pro wrestling, but if they don't think his behavior last night was an act, then they are serious "marks," because he's just doing what sells tickets.

I think one of Dana White's very smartest moves has been the incorporation of the showmanship of the WWE into MMA.

Edited by karamazov80

Only if he can survive. . .THE GOOOORE! :D

You ever see what Lesner did at Wrestlemania several years ago? I remember when it happened, and could only cringe.

rhyno was a badass.

I remember that, we ordered it at my friend's house. lesner's a wrestling GOD. (waitaminute)

Only if he can survive. . .THE GOOOORE! :D

You ever see what Lesner did at Wrestlemania several years ago? I remember when it happened, and could only cringe.

That made me shudder. Damn.

Edited by minimadman

I went to WM live this year, and Undertaker did something very similar, jumping out of the ring and landing on his neck on the floor. More than one guy has been crippled or very seriously injured in the ring over the last few years (in fact, famed Japanese wrestler Mitsuhara Misawa died in the ring following a move where he landed on his neck last month). Apart from the many well known out-of-ring deaths, that is a dangerous industry filled with tragedy. Lesnar is lucky not to have been more seriously injured than he was. I have no idea why Angle was so far away for that move.