UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC... Why do you hate me?!?!

Nestlé

Alright, before I begin you need to know some things about me. I'm only JUST getting back into comics. With the exception of some INCREDIBLE books by CrossGen (which we can talk about later if you want) I haven't bought comics for the last 6 or 7 years.

That being said, I have a lot of respect for DC... For SOME reason though, they seem DETERMINED to get rid of me!

All of my fav. heroes are those on the cutting board.

Bart Allen: The 14 year old inheretant of the speed force who grew up in video games. Possibly my fav. super because he never took ANYTHING seriously! Now, he's aged 4 years in the blink of an eye, lost all his friends and borders on suicidal. Fun.

Kyle Rayner: I know everyone has their fav. GL, but mine has got to be Kyle. Unlike the rest he was never chosen to be a great hero, instead he was puking his guts out in the back alley of a bar when a Guardian gave a ring. His constant efforts to prove that he deserved it and to learn what a hero really was made him very... Human. Now he's got infinite power and is all crazy-psycho. Nice.

Blue Beetle: Ya gotta love BB! Just the fact that he's a joke Jl member throws him into me fav. list, but the fact that he's... DEAD!?!?! :o

I can live with all that I suppose. The hardest part to take is the one I saw coming but didn't want to believe. Booster!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll admit, growing up I HATED Guy Gardner for his pompass jackass attitude. Now, as an adult I LOVE it in Booster Gold! In 52 they've REALLY tried to make people hate him, but I can't! And now... Now he's gone. I mean how does DCD even plan on selling the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold Minimates pack? "The Dead Friends" Pack? <_<

Don't worry about me though. DC can't get rid of me THAT easily!

Mister Miracle, Power Girl, Wonder Woman & Question are all still alive. ;)

Well, based on the lotta love for Ted, easily.

But yeah, death of Booster is the death of my desire to read a DC comic again. Hopefully it doesn't stick or the alternate Booster/Booster as Supernova rumors are true... if not... why stick around for a company that won't produce the comics and characters I want to pay money for?

Heaven help me if Marvel cancel She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel or knock Spider-girl on the head again, I'll have stopped collecting comics without intending too...

I do.

I want a return to solo series Booster, JLI basically went too far with the funny, and the various Formerly made things worse in section (wishing to hell). He can be funny without being the comedy relief that JLI made him.

I like Booster. He's cool. And I really don't think there deaths will affect the minimates. Just look at Thunderbird from Giant Size X-Men.

I know this will probably make you hate me but...

There was a Booster Golld before JLI? :o

Seriously, that was the first I heard of him. :unsure:

Booster was among the first, if not the first new character created after the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, his solo series starting in 1986. Heck, Booster's original fame that jumpstarted his career and money was saving the President at the time, good old Ronny Regan :)

Ummmm...

Am I missing something?

Does (did) Magnus have some type of relationship with Booster that he WOULD "revive" his consciousness? :huh:

Keep in mind I haven't been reading DC for a long time with the exception of the last few months. ;)

Crisis sure did a lot for DC. No wonder they did it again. ;)

Hell, give it a couple years, and they'll do it again, again...

• 3 weeks later...