UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Question about shipping to UK

I sent something to somone in the UK 2 weeks ago via Flat Rate Priority International, and he has not received it yet. Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Thanks

BS

A bit worried although not overly worried. To date I have never had a package from the US go missing & I have had quite a few sent.

I sent something to somone in the UK 2 weeks ago via Flat Rate Priority International, and he has not received it yet. Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Thanks

BS

Did they give you a delivery confirmation #?

Are you talking surface or airmail? I inadvertently sent something by surface and it took about a month to get to them.

Generally shipping from the States to the UK takes 7 to 10 days but I've known it to be as soon as 5 days and as longs as 3 weeks. I wouldn't be too worried just yet.

For some reason I know the shipping time for boxes overseas has been lagging over the past few months

Was it a small flat rate box? I know those aren't traceable - check your receipt maybe it has some type of # and then contact USPS

For some reason I know the shipping time for boxes overseas has been lagging over the past few months

Was it a small flat rate box? I know those aren't traceable - check your receipt maybe it has some type of # and then contact USPS

it was a small box, and of coures, I didn't keep the receipt, I am smart :no:

BS

Of coures (?) the crux of this is "WTF was in the 'small package?' " I notice that you said it was sent 'flate rate' :D USPS actually do a great 'mate flate rate on a crate of eight :ermm:

ha, I should always spell check with you around :biggrin: It was a DSS 2 pack I sold on evil bay.

BS

Small packages are surprisingly the ones that can take the longest IMO . This may not seem logical & I personally have no explanation why? The other reason I asked the contemts was that the declared value becomes a factor because UK customs may hold items until duty is paid by the potential recipient which again causes delays. I hadn't meant for you to specifically disclose exactly what you'd sent merely a vague value , my apologies. ;)

Small packages are surprisingly the ones that can take the longest IMO . This may not seem logical & I personally have no explanation why? The other reason I asked the contemts was that the declared value becomes a factor because UK customs may hold items until duty is paid by the potential recipient which again causes delays. I hadn't meant for you to specifically disclose exactly what you'd sent merely a vague value , my apologies. ;)

No worries, of courts the contents could be held in contempt by customs due to the value. Should I tell the buyer to check with customs to see if it has arrived? I also have been thinking of sending him a link to this thread to help explain things a bit...

BS

If the item has been held at customs & deemed expensive enough to levy customs on it your buyer will be informed quite quickly. 'Gifts' less than $50 or so slide through... ;) Personally I never take shipping times too personally especially when I'm happy I've done my best to do everything correctly & can prove you sent the stuff. I'm sure things'll turn out right in the coming days.