UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

No Noses!

Hey, MOC... you know who'd make a great minimate without a nose, don't you?

it has been a while for me so strike up the band....

KANG!

Who's the time traveling despot

That's a sex machine to all the chicks?

KANG!

Ya damn right!

Who is the man that would risk his neck

For his brother man?

KANG!

Can you dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out

When there's danger all about?

KANG!

Right On!

They say this cat KANG is a bad mother

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

I'm talkin' 'bout KANG.

THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

He's a complicated man

But no one understands him but his woman

KANG!

moc847

and what exactly is the bandage on Looney Bin Jim covering?

it's james! not loony bin jim, not LBJ, JAMES!

EDIT: I just realized my LBJ mate is missing. i've looked everywhere but he's gone =((

yeah I noticed the nose thing not long ago either. haha

It is loony bin jim: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450314/

We know... the "It's James!" line is a quote from the actual movie.

There's also all the Ghost Riders, Red Skull, Grodd's skull,...

And several removable masks suggest noses. Particularly Batman's (look at Classic Batman) and Daredevil's.

Just to keep the thread going, I would suggest that you can't throw any skull-faced figures into a 'Have Noses' category because technically the have a lack of noses drawn on their heads. The area where the noses would be (if they were to have them) is just a hole-therefore they actually have negative noses.

And any removable masks (and variant Thor's helmety thing) have a drawn on place for the nose, but I don't believe they can be considered a nose. When you take bolt faceed IM's mask off, there is no nose. Same with Spidey and all the rest. And since Thor's face-plate isn't raised up, there is technically no nose underneath.

You can argue this all you want, but I think this is the logical answer to a incredibly ridiculous debate. :biggrin:

I haven't done "extensive" research but from what I can tell only Gorilla Grodd has a nose. Could this be what sealed the fate for our beloved DC minimates :tongue: ? One can only speculate I do know that I don't like it minimates shouldn't have noses.

I haven't done "extensive" research but from what I can tell only Gorilla Grodd has a nose.

And he also has toes.

But since he's a fictional character, he can't have toes.

That said, I do agree with your further suggestion, Wallbreaker:

Could this be what sealed the fate for our beloved DC minimates tongue.gif ? One can only speculate I do know that I don't like it minimates shouldn't have noses.

(Beware: there is blasphemic sarcasm following. Please stop reading here, if you don't want to be offended by this!)

And the God of Minimates said: Thou shalt not have noses. And no man or female 'mate had noses. And then there was Gorilla Grood and he grew noses and toes. And the God of the Minimates said: I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to grow noses and toes on my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. And therefore DC minimates were no more. :ohmy:

Abomination is a fictional character, and fictional characters don't have toes.

He's not fictional-I used to share a cubicle with him. I never knew if he had toes, but he did have a foot odor problem. He's not to be confused with Bi-Beast, though (she used to be my regional manager a few years back).

I stand by my statement.