UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How many other Spideys are there?

Lobsterman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not trying to stir up trouble, because i really do like scorpion and electro...and I CAN see a spidey fanatic loving all the costume variations, but the padded spidey suit...(while a cool looking minimate) makes NO sense to me for the character.

Hear me out on this... if you are fighting an super baddy with electric powers it totally makes sense, but how does spiderman know WHEN to wear it...

Well I guess he could hear a police scanner, decide to go home and put on the padding...but it isnt like Electro says hey Spidey rumble in the park at noon....you know?

Scuba Bat Man...ok it makes sense he KNOWS he is going in the water...but extra padding spidey...hmmmm

not trying to stir up trouble, because i really do like scorpion and electro...and I CAN see a spidey fanatic loving all the costume variations, but the padded spidey suit...(while a cool looking minimate) makes NO sense to me for the character.

It worked like this- Electro got a power boost, though it was implied it was more of getting past his own lack of confidence, and was using his powers at riddiculous levels. Spidey tried to stop him and got his head handed to him. So he took the inevidible between battle break, which Spidey's enemies have been giving him since Amazing #1... the Real Amazing Spider-Man #1, he created the insulated armored suit. He tried looking for help to, but as Parker luck would have it, the FF, Avengers, and X-Men were all out of town and only X-Man (yeah, the AoA Nate Grey character, which lets you long time guys know exactly when this happened) answered the call. Good guys win, bad guys lose, IIRC the suit was trashed anyway and never reconstructed. So like portable genetic inverters, magentic field disurpters, and web cannons, it's essentially another one-shot Web-Head big idea that he improbably whipped up between fights.

It worked like this- Electro got a power boost, though it was implied it was more of getting past his own lack of confidence, and was using his powers at riddiculous levels. Spidey tried to stop him and got his head handed to him. So he took the inevidible between battle break, which Spidey's enemies have been giving him since Amazing #1... the Real Amazing Spider-Man #1, he created the insulated armored suit. He tried looking for help to, but as Parker luck would have it, the FF, Avengers, and X-Men were all out of town and only X-Man (yeah, the AoA Nate Grey character, which lets you long time guys know exactly when this happened) answered the call. Good guys win, bad guys lose, IIRC the suit was trashed anyway and never reconstructed. So like portable genetic inverters, magentic field disurpters, and web cannons, it's essentially another one-shot Web-Head big idea that he improbably whipped up between fights.

I don't know who this kid is, but he is a wealth of knowledge, thanks for the clarification....I like this guy :)

Looks like he only got his KISS makeup half-way on. Still think that last picture in my previous post is the winner of Spidey variants--rat tail, one bare arm, pointless Liefeld-esque straps, huge and ridiculous-looking belt buckle. We need this guy, DST.