UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Online Petition To DST

Okay Over The Last Few Months And After Thousands Of Posts, One Name Stands Out: Kang. So I Was Sitting In My House Reading Avengers Forever, A Kang/Immortus Showdown With The Avengers Thrown In The Mix (if Any Of You Havent Read It Yet, Go Get It Now), And A Thought Occured To Me. Why Dont We Just Petition For A Toys R Us Exclusive With Kang And Immortus. This Year Should Be The Tenth Anniversery Of Avengers Forever, Which Is Highly Regarded As One Of The Fan Favorite Stories, Which Is Just Ammo To Get What We Want. If Someome Starts Some Kind Of Online Petition For This, I Will Sign It Fo Sho. I Would Do It, But Im Technologically Retarded. If This Is A Gond Idea, Let Me Know. If Not And You Want To Shut Me Down, Be Gentle, Its My First Time.

DST do come here and they read some of the site, they also talk to us guys at cons etc. and are generally pretty approachable and open.

They know who and what are our "most wanted". Recently we have had a LOT of those "most wanted" guys made, for proof simply go look at the "most wanted lists" from a year or so back and see who is coming out now...pure coincidence, I think not.

Experience says making a fuss and petitioning DST isn't going to make a difference, especially if you are only so commited that you want someone else to do the legwork for you ;)

We will get a Kang at some point, it's just when... Be patient young padawan ;)

T.

p.s. What's Up With Capitalising Every Word In That Post?

There are several threads discussing several petitions begging for a special character to get minimaterized by AA/DST. Try and use the Search and you'll find out where the problems might occur. AFX actually asked for your favorite characters lately and we had a huge multiversian poll in March to narrow the field and to finally come up with a MMMV top five. Which we did. (But there wasn't enough love for Kang. Unfortunatelly?)

____

Edit: oH; i aS wELL tHINK tHAT yOUR cAPITALISING hABIT iS rEALLY aNNOYING.

Edited by Bob Harris

:wallbash: Nice one, BHM.

Reading what I could of the OP (the every-word-capitalized style made my eyes bleed too), I second TBT in that petitioning for a Kang isn't really necessary... I'm pretty sure DST has gotten the message loud and clear lately. (Immortus is... probably another story.)

And personally, I'm actually not 100% behind the "TRU exclusive" idea. Sure, it's an almost no-fuss way to get your pet favorite character some love from the mass market, but there are of course other factors to consider... I'm pretty sure any member here nowhere near a US TRU will agree with me.

Besides, a Avengers Forver boxed set with Kang, Yellowjacket, Songbird and either Side-burns Hawkeye, Gennis Vell, or blue/yellow Goliath would be a much better way to honor the 10th anniversary than a simple TRU two pack.

Okay, it's just a good excuse to ask for a bunch of Avengers related characters that I want.

No one wants a Kang more than me...but even I do not want to start some lame ass petition.

Did you not see the pathetic DC Minimates attempts?

I just hope that DST decides to make one on their own.

Now lets go revel in the Vault Guardsman Announcement shall we?

moc847

I should apologise for the fact that there's still no Captain Britain minimate. I came to the conclusion some time ago that the reason for this is that the guys at DST actively despise me and won't make Captain Britain just to spite me.

Sorry.

Anyone from DST, if you're reading this, tell me what sort of evil I have to do to Rad to get my Captain Britain :)

Then again, If we get it, it will be a TRU exclusive and us Brits won't be able to get it. Just like Union Jack.