UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

x men origins wolverine

BrobotC

Regarding her looks, she just looked like an average looking woman in the movie to me, but in the comics, she is supposed to be breath-takingly gorgeous, right? They cast supermodels and gorgeous women in every other comic movie role, even when it really isn't at all important to the character (Mystique, Betty Ross, Lois Lane in the re-do), but for a woman whose looks and sexuality were an essential part of her character (at least up through the 1990s, when I stopped reading stuff), they pick some decent, but not great looking woman. She looks like a typical sorority girl or something to me.

she looked like a monkey. :(

Man, you are mean.

what do you mean man,i speekz du truf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding her looks, she just looked like an average looking woman in the movie to me, but in the comics, she is supposed to be breath-takingly gorgeous, right? They cast supermodels and gorgeous women in every other comic movie role, even when it really isn't at all important to the character (Mystique, Betty Ross, Lois Lane in the re-do), but for a woman whose looks and sexuality were an essential part of her character (at least up through the 1990s, when I stopped reading stuff), they pick some decent, but not great looking woman. She looks like a typical sorority girl or something to me.

Man, you are mean.

See if you can actually say that to that actress's face then. <_<

Man, you are mean.

not trying too affend any body here jeez

its just my opinion

Man, you are mean.

not trying too affend any body here jeez

its just my opinion

How could you make fun of an "actress" we saw on screen for 3.5 minutes in Wolverine!!!! What the Hell is your problem man?! Lol whatever I don't care about a no name actress so go ahead and speak your opinion.

It really showed in the bathroom scene. I thought they looked incredibly fake there, but didn't really notice anywhere else. Still, you figure with technology the way it is, we would be beyond 1993-level CGI, but I guess not.

--Why would Sabretooth care so much about Wolverine leaving the black ops group? It seemed really personal to him, largely driving his actions through the movie (at least, enough to convince him to turn his back on and hunt Wolvie, even though he was also doing it in the hopes of getting the adamantium treatment).

I could be wrong here but I think Sabretooth makes some kind of

comment about thinking the prisoners were going to go free possibly part of a deal between him and Stryker. Also the other deaths could have been faked.

--Why would Sabretooth care so much about Wolverine leaving the black ops group? It seemed really personal to him, largely driving his actions through the movie (at least, enough to convince him to turn his back on and hunt Wolvie, even though he was also doing it in the hopes of getting the adamantium treatment).

comment about thinking the prisoners were going to go free possibly part of a deal between him and Stryker. Also the other deaths could have been faked.

I don't remember anything like that at all.

I don't remember anything like that at all.

It was right before Wolverine frees the prisoners Stryker tells Sabretooth to

make sure Wolverine doesn't free the prisoners and Sabretooth says that

he(Stryker) told him they would go free anyways because they had X1 to

which Stryker replies X1 is just the begining.

The faked deaths is just a

possiblity based on the fact that Wolverines gf's death was faked.

The faked deaths is just a

possiblity based on the fact that Wolverines gf's death was faked.

If you're referring to

the deaths of Bradley, Wraith and possibly Blob, Im fairly confident those weren't faked since they voluntarily went rogue on Weapon X and would thus have no reason to be in on the conspiracy

Regarding the Emma Frost appearance thing.

In the comics Emma makes no secret of the fact she has had extensive surgery to enhance her looks and, ahem, gravity defying (in certain outfits anyway!) assets. She was young in the film (with it being a prequel to the X-series) so later on (fingers crossed!) she will possibly be played by someone who looks more like her comic counterpart.

I really enjoyed the film - the Wade scene where he

goes in the room and sweeps all the bullets away using his swords is one of my favourite scenes ever!

but like some of you, I can't understand why so many liberties were taken with some of the characters, it all seems so uneccessary.

I think it was a nice movie and it had some really cool scenes and easter eggs for us nerds. Some aspects were really, really stupid and unnecessary and in some scenes I just couldn't figure whether those film-makers are really self-ironic or just review boring clichés. I don't know. I didn't expect something like Dark Knight or even Iron Man, but would have appreciated it. Anyway I'm fine with it.

goes in the room and sweeps all the bullets away using his swords is one of my favourite scenes ever!

[...]

"OK, they are dead now", was a great punchline! :yes:

I think it was a nice movie and it had some really cool scenes and easter eggs for us nerds. Some aspects were really, really stupid and unnecessary and in some scenes I just couldn't figure whether those film-makers are really self-ironic or just review boring clichés. I don't know. I didn't expect something like Dark Knight or even Iron Man, but would have appreciated it. Anyway I'm fine with it.

[...]

wasn't it 'ok, people are dead now'?

... i do apologise

[...]

wasn't it 'ok, people are dead now'?

... i do apologise

I thought it was "Okay, the bad guys are dead now"

But you're right. It may have been 'people'