UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WTF!!?? 2 Venoms from Dark Reign?!

tommyfarr

With all the amazing Characters to choose from dark reign, they choose venom (theres roughly 1.2 million venom minimates already available) and even worse, there doing TWO!! How does that make any sense whatsoever, give me ares any day!

Thanks, just checked back through the Marvel section. I haven't read a Marvel event since Civil War so I'm a bit out of touch.

And is the box set called 'Dark Reign' or 'Dark Avengers' and are they the same thing?

Ok, maybe 1.2 million was a slight exageration, but theres another venom in the dark avengers set unless im mistaken?

Dark Reign is the "event," Dark Avengers is the team/title.

But, yeah, to the earlier point, it is kind of annoying that DST is doing another black suit spidey in the span of, what, six months? I imagine this one will have the new powerhouse chest to illustrate Gargan's bulked-up profile, but it is a waste of a slot, since we're gettting Gargan Venom in the T-bolts set.

Considering this boxset is a Comic-Con exclusive, it's about as fan-targeted an opportunity as they come. There's already an Iron Man and a Wolvie in the set for the sales guys who need to see core characters in every release. Why not give a little fan service by putting in Moonstone?

Edited by Lobsterman

Dont get me wrong! I love iron man and wolverine, iv got pretty much every one of each, but the are milking it a bit, i mean nova was awsome for me, and i think maybe they could/should do a war of kings/guardians of the galaxy minimates. Or even a full proper thunderbolts line-up, i mean normans the leader! he dont get his hands dirty!

I would love GoG mates. I'm secretly hoping AFX will do an event-themed exclusive for that maybe around the end of the year. Comic Con 2010 would probably be a little late.

---

Whoops, there you have it, folks, straight from the horse's mouth. Sounds like a Scorpion tail might be in one of these sets...

Edited by Lobsterman

@ DST matt

Sorry to be ignorant, i havnt been on these forums much, but do i take it you actually work for DST? If so. Thats awsome. Like anchorman levels of awsomage!

Yeah - AA/DST could have included accessories to turn DA Spiderman into Mac Gargan Venom, and it would have been a great way to knock over two looks for the character & leave room for another 'Mate. But they could also have only made 1 box-set . . . or none.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a little bummed about the double-up, but if a big hitter like Venom wasn't in the 'Bolts set, it probably wouldn't sell on the strength of Penance, Osborn Le Beau (Check his boots) & (watch-out!) Radioactive Man.

Plus - look at all the awesome sculpted parts we are getting!!! With the exception of Osbornes Botts & Gargan Chest block, we're getting some awesome new sculpts: Penance's nasty spikes; RM's Geiger suit . . . pretty wicked.

Wow..........

Well, the Venom looks damn nice and it's great to actually see a Gargan Version. It's still kinda' Scorpion, and hell. I like it a lot! THe T-Bolts set looks fantastic!!!

<quickly cancels the Scorpion Minimate>

nodarthvader.jpg

This pretty much summed up my response the moment DSTMatt posted. Oh, and *giggle*

A Gargan Venom that transforms into Scorpion sounds cool, but I remain part of the crowd that wants to see more female minimates (No Songbird/Moonstone love :( ) For all you Penance-haters out there, any idea why he doesn't even appear in any books nowadays? Know who to thank for that? That's right, Moonstone. I will not be satisfied unless we get either her or a Classic Ms Marvel of some sort (especially since

the real Ms Marvel apparently "died" in her own title - of course this is probably just another case of "comic book death is cheap" *cough*Wasp*cough* but still

). And Songbird... "heel-face-turn that actually looks plenty plausible" is all I have to say about that.

The way I see it, Venom is fast entering the territory of Spidey/Wolvie minimate variant overdosing...

Edited by NorthRaider

The way I see it, Venom is fast entering the territory of Spidey/Wolvie minimate variant overdosing...

I was in that same mindset about the possibility of getting another Venom in this set, but they've designed him so well that it's really clear he's a different character -- I kind of see him as the Venom equivalent of War Machine or Scarlet Spider. Having said that, I'm now just as wary of the Black Spidey in the DA set -- but I'll try and hold off judgement until we see a pic for that one too.

(Also that Vader response was the best thing I've seen posted since Worf!)

Well... maybe if it was Anti-Venom...

Anti-Venom sucks. Hated new ways to die, it reminded me of Toxin, Gargan is a way better Venom/Symbiote host than most others.

The Thunderbolts Venom looks pretty cool, although I liked the old design in the comics better. But this one nails the new Mac Gargan outfit pretty nice, so I'm fine with it. And if this one really comes with a Scorpio tail - the promo text says nothing about the parts Venom will come with - it will be awesome!

The Dark Avengers one however, well, if he'll look like a Back-In-Black Spidey with a new head this one will be pretty dispensable, but let's just wait and see.

Oh, and yes Tommy, DSTMatt actually is Matt Peck from DST. (Unless he's a Skrull. Hurm, must investigate further.)