UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us has the 2008-2009 Star Trek Movie figures and Gear

I stopped by the Orlando Toys R Us Friday afternoon, and found a lot of figures, playsets and replica gear from the new movie, being released May 8th (It was originally planned to debut Christmas Day 2008, but Paramount decided to wait)

Art Asylum/Diamond Select and Playmates offered figures in various sizes, along with Bridge display sets, and miniature Enterprises.

I especially liked the full-size replica phaser, tricorder and communicator; but my favorite was the 12" articulated "Older Spock"; a right-on ringer for Leonard Nimoy!!!

I hope to see movie-based MiniMates coming soon!!!

I stopped by the Orlando Toys R Us Friday afternoon, and found a lot of figures, playsets and replica gear from the new movie, being released May 8th (It was originally planned to debut Christmas Day 2008, but Paramount decided to wait)

Art Asylum/Diamond Select and Playmates offered figures in various sizes, along with Bridge display sets, and miniature Enterprises.

I especially liked the full-size replica phaser, tricorder and communicator; but my favorite was the 12" articulated "Older Spock"; a right-on ringer for Leonard Nimoy!!!

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is common knowledge now. And so is the fact that Playmates owns the movie license and DST can therefore not make movie Trek figures.

Thank god; i hate the list of actors.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is common knowledge now. And so is the fact that Playmates owns the movie license and DST can therefore not make movie Trek figures.

Thank god; i hate the list of actors.

Oh come on, Zachary Quinto? I mean, it would ive us fodder for a Sylar! And I personally love this cast. IGN's review compared the movie overall to Iron Man. Amazing cast with action somewhat lacking. It made me even more excited about Trek. And it would make a hell of a series.

The only reason I want to see the movie is the cast! :P

I have no interest in Star Trek outside of this movie (don't know why, but It looks bad ass!), but Zachary Quinto looks like he was born to play Spock.

Oh he was. I saw the casting for Star Trek before I started watching Heroes (before I got the first season on sale.) and before this I did not look up a picture of Zachary Quinto. But when I saw him in Heroes I thought "Holy Fucknuggets! This is the PERFECT Spock!"