UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anybody played Resident Evil 5?

The_Donster

I played Co op with my brother the other day and I thought it was good...I played very little of RE4 but it was good. We got to the part where youre in the swamp and you have to drive the boat and shoot the majini. The controls were a bit of a tuffy to get used to but I did and I'm used to them now. So far the hardest boss has been the giant mutant golem thing you fight in the safari while in your humvee...Overall good game

I've played once or twice at this thing with friends. It was okay. Hated the new controls. What i really hate is far off-track this series has gotten. I WANT MEH ZOMIBES!!! :(

At least RE6 is a total series reboot. Actual slow-walkers again. :)

where'd ya hear that?

I've played once or twice at this thing with friends. It was okay. Hated the new controls. What i really hate is far off-track this series has gotten. I WANT MEH ZOMIBES!!! :(

At least RE6 is a total series reboot. Actual slow-walkers again. :)

where'd ya hear that?

It's been all over gaming sites such as G4 and crap; info was released a month before the premiere of RE5. The game isn't due out for a while, but will be a reboot.

Here's some research:

That's what 1Up reports after interviewing Jun Takeuchi. The full interview will be made public tomorrow and I am interested to read the cause of Capcom's concern. After all there are only a few small things that need to be fixed to make RE5's gameplay as good as Dead Space's.

But I'd like to see Resident Evil going back to the roots and away from the shooter genre.

Editor's Note: It Takes a Nation of Millions

In what is destined to be the first genuinely epic game of 2009, Resident Evil 5 is practically guaranteed to be the last of its kind, with the game's producer, Jun Takeuchi, assuring us that a reboot is in order for the inevitable Resident Evil 6. That's not to suggest that there's anything wrong with the evil at hand. Quite the opposite; it's awesome fun, and we've beaten the game from beginning to end, and have a week's worth of detailed, insider info for you to enjoy. Check out our exclusive interview, videos of unseen levels, and our final hands-on preview to

see if Capcom's controversial new survival-horror game lives up to its legacy.

-- James Mielke (milkman.1up.com)

I still haven't played this one much, but woman has been (getting pretty dang far in the game), and after watching a fair bit of it, it sure looks awesome. And she loves it--once she figured out that you can actually alter the controls so that it works the same way that RE4 did, rather than like Halo, where you have to use both "analog" sticks (the default mode).

Saw a flashback scene today--apparently

Wesker is Nightcrawler

I still haven't played this one much, but woman has been (getting pretty dang far in the game), and after watching a fair bit of it, it sure looks awesome. And she loves it--once she figured out that you can actually alter the controls so that it works the same way that RE4 did, rather than like Halo, where you have to use both "analog" sticks (the default mode).

Saw a flashback scene today--apparently

Wesker is Nightcrawler

Wesker does way cooler stuff in that game than Nightcrawler ever did with his powers. :blink:

I've been playing a lot of VS still, and yesterday I finally tried out Mercenaries. If anybody wants to play this on 360, just let me know. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'm back with a noise free RE5 Elite 360 :biggrin: No thanks to Dell, who was apparently buying through a 3rd party and couldn't send me a replacement for forever and a day. On the brightside, it did cost me a bit more to buy locally, but my new console seems to be purring like a kittie (knock on wood :P). Anyway, hope to start playing this game this weekend and hope to get my wireless router and plug in in the next month (I'm hoping for next payday, but don't want to be too optimistic) to finally get online play. I'll let you know once I do that, since some of you have been waiting for me to go LIVE for a long time :)

^^^Yeah, long time is starting to feel like forever at this point isn't it Nestle? It's beginning to feel like that pipe dream of eventually having a flatscreen television on my wall, it just ain't gonna happen :lol:

OK, gotta ask, is there a patch for the RE5 360 game or something? Long story short, thanks to getting not 1, but 2 defective discs of this I returned the 2nd system :confused: Since I thought it was the console and luckily my wife found the system again locally for me. Problem was, that disc was bad too. Luckily this time we had done some research and heard about the game doing this. While I wasn't that excited about the game, more the console and it's particular package, I find I must play the game on principle alone :yes:

I'm not really sure, but it says unreadable or the screen would go to black. I seem to be ok now, I've been playing the game for a bit and understand some folks frustration with how things are done. Having played GOW, Halo and several other shooters, there were easier ways to set this game up. Some things are harder to deal with, but not a bad game so far. I just wish getting ammo was easier, lol. It's a nice blend of treasure hunt and shooter, but this is the first time I've had to look at a guide in some time. Hopefully this is it for the console wars until they come out with something new. I'm going to try and get that wireless adapter on Tuesday Nestle', I'll let you and TBT know when I'm ready to go live. Any suggestions on wireless routers? Computer is downstairs and game console is upstairs. I'm also looking for easy set up. I'll most likely get this at Costco or Best Buy, since they seem to be the easiest to return to if there are any problems.

I googled it and my suspicions were correct. The patch was multiplayer XBL related so it wouldn't effect you.

They make the fcontrols (in my opinion) hard on purpouse to add a layer of tension to the game. Sounds dumb, but it works. As for ammo, you are allowed to replay any previous level on any difficulty. Also, you can quit at any time and keep your equip/ammo.

With this in mind, it's pretty easy to come by.

We didn't use a guide. Just remember, look around. Every boss/character can be defeated by thinking. Look for traps.

As for the wireless... I dunno. I'm running a gateway so I haven't had to look into routers for a long time. I remember D-Link working though.

Ah, the game is starting to grow on me and I'm getting used to the controls. Where I get frustrated is the same place I got frustrated with the chainsaw on the lancer of the original GOW, it doesn't always work :confused: I mean between the knife location on the controler and the limited window for hitting someone, it is already a pretty difficult game. That being said, I am enjoying the half and half with the game play and adventure/quest aspect :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Still trudging along, currently in the Worship area of the game. Interesting so far, but have to wonder if Jill is that person behind the mask? My buddy was actually surprised that I had to go through so many games to get one that worked. Anyone else have this problem with their games or was it smooth sailing? Just curious, since I read so many things about this online.

Sorry Don, not only have I not heard of anyone I know having the problem I alos couldn't find anything on it on the internet. I can't see it being a really massive problem, but I guess I could just be lucky (and you, wll UNLUCKY :P )

Anyways, I know how you feel. I think I've had like 5 RRoD, so I've had my share of aggrivations.

Anyways, the game is great, maybe I'll see online with it in a year or two. ;)

Yeah, had the plan to get the wireless adapter yesterday, but the wife ask that I hold off on that purchase :lol: If I could get my office finished upstairs, I could probable plug in my internet cables that came with to play online. What we found online was folks thinking something was wrong with their players, when in fact it was the game itself. I'll know for sure once I play the next game, which will probable be Modern Warefare. If that one makes noise, then I might consider getting another console. I definitely worry about this, as I hate starting over again all the time. I might get an extra memory card. That way I can keep what I've played and just switch them out. Oh well, back to work.

OK, on the final battle and have to ask,

how do you get the rock in the lava without either dying yourself oryour partner dying because it took too long to get the damn rock in the lava? I have to assume there's something I'm either missing or an easier way.

I've only played 2 player, so I'm not sure how it'll work 1p, but first, as Chris fight Wesker down below. When he gets peed off at Sheva he'll go chase her. Imeediately run for the rock and start pushing. Make sure you have a sniper rifle so you cna shoot at Wesker. You won't be able to hurt him but every time he gets shot he slows down, which will hopefully buy Sheva time to climb up the other side. Hope that helps.

That was what I initially did Nestle' and he would either kill me or Sheva would fall into the lava <_< So I switched things up and combined your idea with some other things. I basically waited for him to get on the high ground with me and Sheva to start shooting. Once she did this the QT video would kick in and then I would jump down to start using the rifle. Once that happened it wasn't as hard to move the rock and get her over to my side. Once that happens, it was just hitting him with a grenade launcher with explosive and fire catridges. Something folks may or may not know though is that you have to hit him with rocket launchers once you are in the helicopter. Thanks for your assist on this and now I can play something else. I might go back to COD 4 or GOW to relax a bit ;)

One of the great things about RE5 is the replay value.

Your first playthrough is definetly a more intense ride, but anything after is quite fun and "arcady."

There are lots of unlockables from gametypes to weapons to outfits and ammo.

These unlocakbles aren't as fun by yourself, but I would definetly suggest grabbing a friend and trying some out.

Mercenaries can be a load of fun, and there are all different kinds of bonuses "hidden" throughout the game.

Beat the game in under 5 hours on any difficulty and you get infinite rocket launcher for instance.