UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, and Other Great Shows

Jatta Pake

If you are wanting some top notch television, you have to watch AMC's "Breaking Bad". I'm just finishing Season 1 on DVD. It is excellent.

About the Show

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

Edited by Jatta Pake

I'm with you on this saw the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed them! Also in the vein of great tv Rescue Me on FX starts up again this week! And I hear Michael J Fox has a supporting role this season. I've always liked Michael and am glad he's well enough to start acting again, and Dennis Learry? I mean, c'mon!

I have been intrigued by Rescue Me. How many seasons has it been on? Anyone else watching Breaking Bad or Rescue Me?

I'll add to Breaking Bad that not only did the actor who plays Walt White win an Emmy for his role, but the show won the prestigous Peabody Award last week. I downloaded Season 2 last night to my iPod! Yeah!

Edited by Jatta Pake

I've seen the commercials for Breaking Bad, and it looks pretty good, but I've never caught an episode. I might have to do that. Apart from Lost, there aren't many current shows that I'm watching, though as I have said before here, the Wire is a now ended show that is really worth checking out. Probably still my favorite hour long drama.

I've always wanted to watch Rescue Me, I just never get the time to do so.

While we're on the subject of great shows, the recent-ish cancellation of Pushing Daisies still breaks my heart. (We badly need a crying emoticon :() I remain a giddy fan of Psych and Mythbusters. And maybe CSI as well, though I've yet to see the new season with Lawrence Fishburne in it.

I've also recently gotten addicted to Battlestar Galac--WAIT A MINUTE! :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

I don't watch TV that often - I don't even have a TV, although there are rumors that this formidable and fresh invention is available here in Germany - and I don't know those series you mentioned. But Denis Leary might be a reason to look out for Rescue Me...

Me and my girlfriend however are addicted to Lost - in Germany the 4th season just hit the stores so we are of course a little bit behind. And in case we both had a hard day there is nothing as delightful as watching a few episodes of Scrubs I guess.

Oh, and of course the usual suspects, the Simpsons, but that doesn't have to be mentioned separately, does it?