UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The 3rd. Annual Munchen Minigenossen Festival

Just spotted this in Kubherick Komiken which is a European toy fan-mag. Forgive the spelling as I am quoting directly from the mag....

"After last years sponsors Kunterstorecomiksen dropped out we are pleased to announce that this years Festival will be sponsored for the first time by AFX from Kalifornia USA"......

.....the article goes on to give a brief history of AFX ...a brief history of the German mini-figure manufacturer Kubherick Kinderfolken...DST.. &.....

..their future collaboration :ohmy:

Personally I have always thought that 'Kubhericks' were a tad ...stiff ,mainly due to their 5 points of articulation.... & lacking character. No real sense of fun.

This is all about to change because the article goes on to elaborate on the collaboration......

"Due to the success of the German action-thriller 'Bewachunsmanner ' in European cinemas ,AFX & KK are thrilled to announce that the US company DST will be producing a box-set homage to the 'Lederhosen Legion' as a Munchen Minigenossen Festival (MMF) Minimates exclusive . "

....the article goes on to explain the differences between the rather lame Kubhericks ,Kubricks & Minimates....

Apparently this box-set will be the first European Minimate Exclusive .....I quote from the article again

" ....& will hopefully negate all those stereotypical beliefs about Europeans & their national 'Superheroes' "

Could this be the beginning of a new era for Minimate(Kubhericks) in Europe .....Captain Britain ? :D

The article ends with a few token pictures* of the characters from the hit-movie which stars Brad Wurst & Alf Fulstein who to be honest I'd never heard of ....perhaps Bob Harris has ;)

I'll post some pics later ...if & when...they become available.

*post-638-1238575072_thumb.jpg

Edit : Are these guys serious ? Unless these guys drop the leather for spandex I can't see US audiences going for this?

That is amazing news!!! Wohooo!!! :woot:

Since I've been to the last two festivals (It's "München", BHM, with that funny Umlaut there!), I will vistit this years MMF as well. They were OK and nice, but not that exciting. But since Germany is pretty small and therefore Munich is easy to reach I try to get as many MMF exclusives as possible. (The MMF is the smaller and more alternative/comic based festival besides the regular Spielwarenmesse (Toy Fare) in Nürnberg.)

So, if you're interested in Lederhosen Minimate exclusives, just tell me. Since I don't know how many I'll get I'd say it's first come, first serve!

(Oh, and BHM, tried to send you an PM but looks like your in-box is full!)

____

Edit: I totally didn't see A.J.V.'s post! :blush:

Edited by Bob Harris