UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Huge Request

Can a couple people, when you get the free time, post some customization tutorials? You know, supplies, steps, tips and tricks, just to help us beginners out a little.

Check the site in my signature, and make sure to go back through to the beginning. You fill find tutorials and reviews on paint, tools, sculpting materials, decals, and more. :)

Edited by luke314pi

Check the site in my signature, and make sure to go back through to the beginning. You fill find tutorials and reviews on paint, tools, sculpting materials, decals, and more. :)

Thanks for the link, but im talking about things like painting tutorials and how to apply decails and things like that.

Thanks for the link, but im talking about things like painting tutorials and how to apply decails and things like that.

Seriously? That is precisely what Luke shows you how to do on his website.

Edited by karamazov80

I think luke's site is awesome!!and it shows you tons of stuff, but I wish we had a tutorial for photoshop as well

but luke's site is still great for beginners(like me) and pros!

I can strongly recommand Luke's Factory since he has tutorials and advises for both of your particular questions and many, many more. Just browse through his site - or play with that amazing word-cloud-thingy. There also is the Customizer's "How to" Guide on top of the Custom Creations & Artwork thread!

Both should help you unless you have more precise questions not mentioned there. In that case you should come back and explain your specific needs.

Ok, i need specifically the steps for painting, preparation and all. And how to set up images to use on decail paper, and the best decail paper to use.

Ok, i need specifically the steps for painting, preparation and all. And how to set up images to use on decail paper, and the best decail paper to use.

No offence man, don't get me wrong, but are you actually reading the links the other 'versers post here to help you out?

If you click on the decal tag in the Factory, Luke discusses pro and cons on a few different types of decals and even gives a few recommendations. And there even is a tutorial how to design decals with your computer. And I just had a quick look at the How To Guide and the 5th post on page 1, the same guy explains exactly what paints he's using and how he uses them and prepares the mate. And there are other customizers who comment on that and give advises.

Just browse through the posts there (and read them!) and I bet you find some fine and helpful answers. If not, you may be even more specific I guess, because those two questions of yours are already anserwed there.

... and if you're intimidated about combing Luke's entire site for the tips you're looking for, well... DON'T BE. Luke just started the Minimate Factory last year so the process of combing the archives really isn't as time-consuming as you think. Plus, the full-looking animated tag cloud? Just there for show :lol:

I feel stupid, I was only looking at the main blogs . I didnt try the links at the top. Sorry for the fuss guys. My fault.