UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Galactus and Sentinel reviewed on Minimates Central

Danny

Hi all, I wouldn't normally start a new thread on this kinda thing but I'm very excited. I have just completed the Minimates: Max Galactus statue review to go along with the Sentinel review last week.

Each review is a big one, with masses of text and loads of bigger-than-normal pictures.

As I don't get these things sent to me to review and have to fork over my hard-earned cashola the same as everyone else, it's been a solid financial commitment for me to bring you these reviews, certainly more than your average Marvel wave anyway :)

I am really pleased with the reviews and pics (which I think came out really well), and would like some feedback on both reviews if you could please :)

Great reviews. I always check out your site before buying any minimate related things.

Danny - As usual these are two very well written reviews. I'm now leaning towards getting one of these. Maybe for Christmas.

One question about the Sentinel: I noticed that the socket ball appears prominently between the legs and crotch. Almost like the legs are coming off. Any speculation as to why? I guess it lends itself to the appearance that the legs can be removed but it's probably done to help the statue stand upright better.

Thanks to all for the kind words, cos if no-one liked the reviews, I'd be very sad. I'm interested to see no-one has gone "You've given a statue 8/10 OMGWTF!!!!11"

One question about the Sentinel: I noticed that the socket ball appears prominently between the legs and crotch. Almost like the legs are coming off. Any speculation as to why? I guess it lends itself to the appearance that the legs can be removed but it's probably done to help the statue stand upright better.

I would say it's a balance thing, yes. The way the Sentinel's legs are sculpted does make it look as though they are going to slip off the ball joint, but it gives the statue a wider stance.