UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Weird? Or not?

OK, I've noticed something & I don't know what to make of it. I have a Bruce Wayne 'mate (from the stealth batwing -- The Batman animated version), but his head is painted fleshtone with the face over it. In looking thru the database, I noticed this:

his head has been cast in flesh-colored plastic with the face tampo-d on

I've found the same thing with M. Bison. I bought the 2-pack w/Chun-li (in blue). In the pack, his suit is more of a dark reddish with both of their heads (his & Chun-li's) painted fleshtone -- like my Bruce Wayne & my exclusive Sue Richards/Johnny Storm (from the Fantastic Four set). But in a mass of frankenmates I received, the included M. Bison was different. This one had his head cast in flesh-colored plastic & his suit is more of a watermelon pink color.

I know I'm not going crazy (I think), so what gives??

I cannot comment on 'Bruce Wayne' but there are definitely some 'variations' in the SF line, the 4 pack sets especially. I'm sure this is documented somewhere in a SF thread....but where?

I use the term 'variations' in it's correct context...I am well-aware there are variants of many SF characters,one in particular only made it to the Jap blind-boxes.

Edited by buttheadsmate

It's just you. It's always been just you, but we wanted you to figure it out for yourself. Sorry.

I haven't experienced what you've described, by the way.

Ha ha ha ha! That was good, CA! :)

I cannot comment on 'Bruce Wayne' but there are definitely some 'variations' in the SF line, the 4 pack sets especially. I'm sure this is documented somewhere in a SF thread....but where?

I use the term 'variations' in it's correct context...I am well-aware there are variants of many SF characters,one in particular only made it to the Jap blind-boxes.

OK, I just found the post where someone mentions this about SFII & the 4-packs. Thanks, BHM! :)

There are definitely "variations" across the lines as you describe above. Sometimes 'mates are cast in colored plastic, othertimes they are white with color paint applications.

I have LOTR versions of Legolas both colored plastic base and white plastic base painted.

Thanks, JP! But would this have been done for an exclusive 'mate tho? The Bruce Wayne was exclusive just to the comic-con.